Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Gear

Malibu08

I have a question , I have owned four boats in my boating career, 2 of them Malibu's,'99 LX and now a '08 LXI , some of the best quality workmanship in a boat I have ever seen, my question is why is there such a limited production on their promotional gear for bu guru's like myself to order and show off what I own, a few stickers,a visor,a hat, shorts in one size (small), can coolers etc... ? Or is there somewhere else to find there gear besides the Malibu sight?

Thanks Mike

I have a question , I have owned four boats in my boating career, 2 of them Malibu's,'99 LX and now a '08 LXI , some of the best quality workmanship in a boat I have ever seen, my question is why is there such a limited production on their promotional gear for bu guru's like myself to order and show off what I own, a few stickers,a visor,a hat, shorts in one size (small), can coolers etc... ? Or is there somewhere else to find there gear besides the Malibu sight?

Thanks Mike

Try these guys...they can help you out with some of your Bu gear

http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=534

Edited by BuFootin

I agree 100%. The lack of gear is actually my biggest complaint (probably a good thing) about Malibu.

Mastercraft is great at it, Nautique too, but Malibu is pretty underwhelming.

IIRC,

I once read that there is a lack of gear online because Malibu is trying to encourage people to shop at their local dealers.

I don't know how much truth there is to that - it's just what I've heard.

IIRC,

I once read that there is a lack of gear online because Malibu is trying to encourage people to shop at their local dealers.

I don't know how much truth there is to that - it's just what I've heard.

Makes a ton sense on their part. Honey, I went to the Malibu dealer to look for a new t-shirt and...ooops, this is what I found! :biggrin:

Hi all! Seems appropriate that Malibu Boats make this announcement on TheMalibuCrew.com first, especially since we noticed this thread today.

"We are excited to announce that we are taking steps to create a clothing/merchandise platform that will be as impressive as the boats we offer. Please look for the new Malibu Gear website featuring the latest styles from Malibu this Summer!" - Paul Singer, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Malibu Boats

Stay tuned there's more info to come and we will make sure The Malibu Crew has it as soon as it's available. Thanks for all you do for Malibu Boats!

Please do some decent looking tee shirts with a classic Malibu logo (like MartinArcher's avatar i.e.). The few I've seen at the dealers or dealers web sites to date are fugly and not something many of us would wear, no wonder they don't sell. We wanna show our pride of ownership and we've been bitching about this issue for some time now, please give us something decent looking to work with. Thank you.

Ed

Edited by ed obermeier

May be that's its just hard to sell. Though Malibu's a popular boat the customer base for logo-style gear is somewhat limited.

Not only is it hard to sell, it's very expensive (for a dealer and customer) because we can't get the quantities for a decent looking / quality t-shirt. To be honest I've usually put the money into parts more than swag too, a water pump on the shelf can get you back on the water where a hat can't.

Totally understand there is a opportunity and some missed sales there and I'm glad to hear Malibu is working on expanding their clothing site and will hopefully help their dealers too.

-Paul

Hi all! Seems appropriate that Malibu Boats make this announcement on TheMalibuCrew.com first, especially since we noticed this thread today.

"We are excited to announce that we are taking steps to create a clothing/merchandise platform that will be as impressive as the boats we offer. Please look for the new Malibu Gear website featuring the latest styles from Malibu this Summer!" - Paul Singer, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Malibu Boats

Stay tuned there's more info to come and we will make sure The Malibu Crew has it as soon as it's available. Thanks for all you do for Malibu Boats!

Amy - Great to see you on the crew! Good news that Malibu is expanding their clothing / swag end of things. Excited to see the new gear to come!

-Paul

• 3 months later...

Wanted to get this posted for The Crew as soon as it was available. Please reply with questions.

GEAR UP FOR SUMMER WITH NEW MALIBU BOATS MERCHANDISE

Malibu Boats has launched a new line of water sports inspired active wear and gear to dress-up Malibu enthusiasts and their boats on and off the water.

(Merced, CA) –Malibu Boats is proud to announce the unveiling of a new line of “lifestyle” clothing and gear. Fashion-forward styles and designs have been incorporated into the Malibu Boats brand to showcase another “Malibu Difference.” Malibu has pushed the limits using quality materials as well as leading edge graphic designs to accommodate a wide variety of the Malibu faithful and even those who are just looking for something cool to wear. The new Malibu Gear line is in a constant state of development with new designs being released regularly, you can even get in on the creation.

Additional Links

Malibu Boats Gear – (http://gear.malibuboats.com)

Malibu Boats believes anything that bears their name should be held to the same levels of quality, innovation and performance that have earned the 27 product excellence awards in their boats. The new Malibu Boats gear and clothing offerings do just that. These threads are made from some of the strongest materials with graphics inspired by the most talented designers who mix current styles with the passion of the brand.

Paul singer Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Malibu Boats had this to say about the new clothing and gear. “Since we are in the recreational industry our owners are passionate. They are passionate about their sport and passionate about their Malibu. What better way to show that passion then through the gear they wear?” Singer continued, “The response has been incredible and we will continue to expand our selection moving forward.”

And because Malibu Boats is a custom boat manufacturer, it seems appropriate that the company’s branded merchandise is being offered in a wide variety of designs. One of the main goals of Malibu Boats Gear is to accommodate Malibu Boats lifestyles of all types with individual style and performance. This is why Malibu plans to offer a large number of distinct merchandise choices, but they may need your help.

Malibu Boats is gearing up to encourage design ideas from Malibu Boats enthusiasts everywhere. Malibu plans to open the floor to design ideas from you so they can be sure you are getting exactly what you want. Malibu Boats plans to reward chosen gear designs with more gear. Details will be released soon, but like the boats Malibu Gear will be a true reflection of the Malibu Boats Family lifestyle.

Thanks to The Crew for all you do! See you on the water!

Amy

well guys i own an Embroidery, Screen Printing, Laser Engraver, Sings, Banners and Vinyl lettering Company I can produce just about anything you want that resembles the logo but can not copy the exact for copy right reason unless i have written consent from the company . Tell me what you want it on and maybe we can do a Group buy like towels, seat throws, hats, do rags ect.

Thanks Dan

• 2 months later...