Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Malibu Dealership for Sale

Malibuswany

I wish I had the resources to make this purchase I would love to be a Malibu Dealer.

Tilyl's marine in Ventura California is for sale.

www.tillysmarine.com

Sorry if this is in the wrong place Admin feel free to move to where ever it should be.

Edited by Malibuswany

I wish I had the resources to make this purchase I would love to be a Malibu Dealer.

Tilyl's marine in Ventura California is for sale.

www.tillysmarine.com

Sorry if this is in the wrong palce Admin feel free to move to whee ever it should be.

I would totally love to make this purchase. How awesome to be in the boating business having such a love for boats.

I hate to capitalize on someones misfortune but maybe you know someone there that you can connect with to see if we can get some discounts on their inventory?

Buy a dealership from someone would really depend on why it's being sold. If the sales and costumer base are down you may end up with a bunch of boats you can’t sell.

As I understand it from the letter that the owner sent out he just can't physicaly do it any more and it is breaking his heart to have to sell. He would like to find someone that wouldn't change anything that would jeopordize the relationship with his customers and his reputation. Like Bakes this is good man who just can't do it anymore.

Tilly's always had a good rep even up here in No CA. I wonder what the boating industry is like in Ventura. I always wondered where people who bought boats there went boating? I know they did an annual regatta in Havasu, but what lakes are local besides maybe Castaic?

Tough time to be in business.....

Tilly's customers are even up here in WA state. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

As for working & playing in this industry...... don't do it. After a couple of years, you will no longer do this for entertainment. I can't tell you how many people I know who have gotten into the industry in some way, and stop skiing/boarding/riding foils, even stop hanging out on the boats after a while.

My time working at a mastercraft dealership was fun but I found that when I was at the lake I was still working. Now I go to the lake to get away from work. Although Im on this site now while at work. now Im confused.

Tilly's customers are even up here in WA state. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

As for working & playing in this industry...... don't do it. After a couple of years, you will no longer do this for entertainment. I can't tell you how many people I know who have gotten into the industry in some way, and stop skiing/boarding/riding foils, even stop hanging out on the boats after a while.

This always makes me confused. I've always heard if you do something you love its not work. However, I've heard the same things about the boating industry.

Edited by LS-One

I've never been a Tilly's customer, but I've been to two of their regattas. They are a great dealer! They treated every Malibu owner like they were a customer.

If I lived anywhere near them, I would have used them as my dealer. Every dealer should aspire to be like Tilly's. Sorry to hear that they are leaving the industry.

Tilly's always had a good rep even up here in No CA. I wonder what the boating industry is like in Ventura. I always wondered where people who bought boats there went boating? I know they did an annual regatta in Havasu, but what lakes are local besides maybe Castaic?

Tough time to be in business.....

There are a couple of great lakes just a few hours north of there. Naciamento and San Antonio. Naci is a seasonal lake they have a tendancy to drain it for the crops in the valley and San Antonio is more steady levels. Both are nice though when full.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything in this thread is correct. I bought my Malibu from Tilly's in 2004 and always use them for my service and I buy all my accessories from them. Here is the letter Brett sent out to his customers:

Dear Friends and Customers,

This letter is to clear up the many rumors floating around (no pun intended)

Tilly’s Marine is not going anywhere. We are changing & evolving in these ever changing times. So rest assured we will be here to continue to take Excellent care of you!

This is the story of Tilly’s Marine, past, present & future.

25 years ago I started Tilly’s Marine as an avid Water-skier selling and servicing Malibu Boats was absolutely a dream come true for me. Tilly’s Marine, it’s customers, Water-skiing & Boating became my passion. I always thought if I could make a career & have fun doing it life would be good, & it has been. For years I was the only employee (special thanks to my Dad & Mom who did help me a lot). I sold Malibu Boats, which back then wasn’t the most sought after Boat like today, so it was definitely a harder sale. I sold, drove to Merced to pick them up, serviced, prepped & detailed all the boats as well. A lot of that time was a blur, but Skiing with friends & customers made it all worthwhile.

Many things have changed since then. But my belief has always been, if I did everything possible to make ALL customers happy & provide the best products and services at a reasonable price everyone would be happy. Tilly’s Marine has been successful because of our belief & great employees. As Malibu oldest Dealer our relationship with Malibu Boats is family like. I remember in the 80’s having dinner at Bob Alkema’s house & playing cards till 2AM (when his wife Anna came & reminded us we had a Dealer council meeting at 8AM) Bob Alkema started Malibu Boats.

Tilly’s has always valued our Customers & Friends. How cool is it to be friends with your customers? 25 years later I find it rewarding that a lot of my closest friends are also our customers. I’ve dedicated almost half my life to Tilly’s Marine & It’s bittersweet telling you I now need a change in my life. After having knee replacement surgery a little over a year ago, the months of Physical Therapy gave me a lot of time to think & reflect.

I have listed Tilly’s Marine for sale with Randall Barondess of Troop Business Services. Brian Troop is a long time customer whom I value as a customer & trust. I told Randy, First & foremost, Tilly’s Marine is to remain the same. Our Customers, their needs & the Staff are all top priority! I will be staying on for an undetermined time, depending on the needs of the new owner. My goal is a smooth transition for our customers, my staff, Malibu & everyone involved. If any of you have any questions I’m here to answer them. If you or someone you know is interested in purchasing Tilly’s Marine, Inc. Please contact Randall J. Barondess (805) 494-1138 Office, (805) 990.9940 Cell or e-mail [email protected]

Rest assured Bruce, Val, Brady, Jay & Mark will still be here to provide you the much deserved high level of service, that keeps you & your family happy. It has been & will continue to be, “Our pleasure” to take excellent care of you & your Boat!

In closing I would like to say thank you. Thanks for the opportunity to serve you for the past 25 years and in the years to come.

Sincerely,

Brett Tilly

What a class act. He knows every customer and what boat they own. I've been to Havasu with them a few times and they certainly appreciate their customers.

I, too, look forward to the future with Tilly's marine.

Tilly's is the best.

I sure hope someone with some foresight will buy it and continue the tradition !!!

Yep, I've always had great service AND pricing at Tilly's (got a service coming up in a coupla weeks too). I just hope that they can indeed remain where they are and with the same great people (especially Val). Hope it all works out in the end, and any sale flows through smoothly. Tilly's is good people!

I started off as a customer with tillys many years ago. Became a promo guy for them and this was the best move I could have ever made. Great people, great buisness. Just hope I can stay around for as long as they are.

Scott Yvarra promo guy, Malibu Ventura

Edited by scott44