Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Idea for Putting Boat Away & Water in Bilge

tnlegendracer

so do u guys actually do this after each use? or are we talking about doing this if the boat is going to sit away for a for an extended period?

I take my plug out at the bottom of the ramp, drive it home with no plug and it sits............ end of the season I try and try it out but not everytime

Following up on this. Love the power of the DeWalt. Don't love the capacity. In about 3-5 seconds the little canister is full and the checkball activates. It takes 12-15 goes to get what won't drain out plug bushing. On the other hand, the water canon idea I love! I've got two of those on the houseboat and they'll hold more than the DeWalt and be WAY quicker and less mess. It's a good vacuum, but I've had more luck with it as a dry vac than a wet vac, but only because of capacity, not power.

• 1 year later...

I've got a spare bilge pump because I thought mine was bad when it wasn't. I am thinking about installing it in the middle by the T-plug and the mid tank connections, then running hose to the back and Y-ing in with the factory pump. The only thing that's keeping me from doing it is how the heck do you install the bilge pump? I sure don't want to screw it into the hull!

Just purchased my 3rd Malibu. The newest addition is a ’06 wakesetter 23LSV. I was perusing the forum for any problem with this model. I noticed the bilge pump wasn’t located in the best spot. As a result, I moved it forward 8” from its original position (it’s now under the oil pan). I elected to utilize the existing stainless screws instead of epoxying it. This was a little scary because I had to pre-drill holes into the hull. I measured the depth of the old existing holes and set the drill at that depth (approx. 3/8"). I used a right angle die grinder and a spin-n-drive drill set to accomplish this task. I’ll see how the bilge works the next time out.

photo2_zpsf4ebb5c6.jpg

photo1_zpsc9088418.jpg

photo4_zpsa6059cec.jpg

The screw driver is in the location of the old existing holes and the bilge pump is in new location under the oil pan. :usa:

Edited by LUV2SKI