Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Perfect Pass Guage

skistud1

I gave up the speedometer instead of the tach. I wanted to keep the tach since it had the engine hours display on it. The PP speedometer is only about 2mph low at 44mph and is spot on below 27mph all the way down to 5mph.

The last software, 6.5n, allows you to program the skier/riders name. I have Wakeboard Pro. I can assign a slalom speed or wakeboard speed to a name, but for some reason I can not assign a RPM to a name even though there are supposed to be three modes to WBP. Any clue as to why???

I do think the larger display will make it easier to calibrate with my GPS.

You're not changing the mode to RPM is what I would guess. Are you assigning slalom speeds to people truly in the simple slalom mode or are you just increasing speed to slalom speeds? Theres a big difference if you're not.

You're not changing the mode to RPM is what I would guess.  Are you assigning slalom speeds to people truly in the simple slalom mode or are you just increasing speed to slalom speeds?  Theres a big difference if you're not.

I went first into RPM mode and then I tried to assign a name. It would not work. I didn't have a problem with this in Wakeboard or slalom mode. My understanding is you go to the mode you want and then assign the name, i.e. Johnny wants to board at 20 mph, go to wakeboard mode, program Johnny, program 20 mph. Same for slalom in 2 mph increments. Won't work for RPM mode.

The new 6.5NG software also makes it much easier to navigate through the different parameters and the display is supposed to be higer resolution.

I haven't personally played around with one yet, but my understanding is that the font is reversed for the setting you are currently at. Then it's just a matter of pressing the up or down arrows to change it. Very nice to have all the parameters right in front of you and navigate through them rather than constantly changing screens with each press of 'menu'.

I think the current 6.5N software is nice, but always found it a bit strange that KX/PX were on the same screen while the other parameters had their own screen. I think I know why they did it - because those are the only two parameters that a skier can change in a tournament - but I still think it's weird.

I'd be all over the new display if it had a tach in it. My guess is that won't ever happen given the realestate the tach consumes.

Mike

Edited by mlange
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the new display and it does have a digital tach in it. That is the reason I pulled out the tach instead of the speedo gauge. I'm using PP Digital Pro though and not Wakeboard Pro. Install of PP was a breeze and the directions were very clear. I already had a factory paddle wheel so no cutting of the hull for me.