Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kudos to Cory @ Evolution

tnlegendracer

Bought a cover in the group buy. I haven't even put the cover on the boat yet, but even so, Cory spent an hour of his time on the phone walking me through points of swim platform and transom cover I'm going to have to have made locally. He didn't have to do that as it was nothing to him. He could've just emailed the pics he had with a "here's what you do". I've read it on here dozens of times but that guy is the real deal. Thank you again for your time Cory.

I was just going to start a thread about Cory and Evolution and themalibucrew.com.

first off when u spend a bunch off $$ it sure is cool to have a group like this to bounce things off, so thanks to the crew. I trailer my boat alot in the spring and summer, I had a bunch of cover questions which got answered here. One of them was who to deal with, the majority of the group pointed me to Cory.

I ordered a travel cover from him a few weeks back, the process was simple, Cory was great to deal with. The cover showed up few days ago and it ROCKS.....fits perfect and the quality looks great. It is clear he knows what he is doing.

I have to take my boat to my dealer next week and will make sure it is on the boat to show them, I have already told them they need to refer their customers to Evolution.....even up here in the great white north.. :)

I was just going to start a thread about Cory and Evolution and themalibucrew.com.

first off when u spend a bunch off $$ it sure is cool to have a group like this to bounce things off, so thanks to the crew. I trailer my boat alot in the spring and summer, I had a bunch of cover questions which got answered here. One of them was who to deal with, the majority of the group pointed me to Cory.

I ordered a travel cover from him a few weeks back, the process was simple, Cory was great to deal with. The cover showed up few days ago and it ROCKS.....fits perfect and the quality looks great. It is clear he knows what he is doing.

I have to take my boat to my dealer next week and will make sure it is on the boat to show them, I have already told them they need to refer their customers to Evolution.....even up here in the great white north.. :)

Yup Cory is a good dude. I know he travels up to Canada quite a bit and does stuff for a Tige dealer up there.

Another satisfied customer here!!

Cory didn't have a pattern yet for the 2010 23' WSLSV so he went to a dealer in another state to pattern it. He made the cover without another boat to try out the finished product on, so he shipped it to me with the instructions that if it needed tweaking to ship it back on his dime and he would take care of it. Needless to say, it fits perfectly.

Thanks Cory, and Thanks for the calls to keep me up to speed on how it was going. AWESOME job!! :yahoo:

martinarcher

Yep Cory is the man. My uncle saw out Evolution cover at a family B-Day party when we rolled in from the lake. He just kept saying, "Wow that cover fits like a glove!". I gave him Cory's info. He'll be ordering one sooner than later for his 00' Sunsetter LXI.

One of my neighbors scored a deal on a repoed 08 Vride early last year. Banged up prop, blown heater & no cover. He saw my Rankin cover & knew he needed one too. I told him how the company was no more but that Cory at Evolution was taking over & making similar covers. He called & had a new cover for his Vride in a matter of days, for a great price. Cory had the pattern already. And the cover fits great. He can tow with it on, and it doesn't rub the boat raw at all. :rockon:

covers.jpg

I am also in the market for a cover and have been e-mailing with Cory. He is very helpful. He needs an '88 sunsetter like mine to measure up so if anyone reading this knows of or has one in Washington, pm me please and hopefully i can sort out an arrangement of sorts. Otherwise I'll be towing my boat his way to get it fitted... just need to finish up all my paperwork/registration so there's no hassles at customs.

Thanks!

I am also in the market for a cover and have been e-mailing with Cory. He is very helpful. He needs an '88 sunsetter like mine to measure up so if anyone reading this knows of or has one in Washington, pm me please and hopefully i can sort out an arrangement of sorts. Otherwise I'll be towing my boat his way to get it fitted... just need to finish up all my paperwork/registration so there's no hassles at customs.

Thanks!

where abouts in vancouver do you put your boat in?

I'm in Burnaby and launch at Cates Park. Haven't been out yet this year but definately soon. Spent the day in the boat yesterday, pulled the port side windshield right off and remounted so it'll stop rattling around and shifting. Start my 10 day shift on the tug tomorrow so hopefully be in the water right after that.

I delt with cory back in his Rankin days..I ordered a cover for my old 89 Sunsetter. The cover arrived and there was no way it was going on my boat. Rankin used the template for a Euro Sunsetter not the Sunsetter. I called and they tracked down the correct template and within a week I had a replacement. I thought I would return the cover so they could sell it to another customer and they told me to keep it and make a fancy bbq cover with it! I didnt go the bbq cover route but instead had a local shop make speaker, light bar and a swim platform cover. Great bunch of guys and a great product!

I delt with cory back in his Rankin days..I ordered a cover for my old 89 Sunsetter. The cover arrived and there was no way it was going on my boat. Rankin used the template for a Euro Sunsetter not the Sunsetter. I called and they tracked down the correct template and within a week I had a replacement. I thought I would return the cover so they could sell it to another customer and they told me to keep it and make a fancy bbq cover with it! I didnt go the bbq cover route but instead had a local shop make speaker, light bar and a swim platform cover. Great bunch of guys and a great product!

There are no "Guys" in Cory's operations. He's a one man show and handles everything himself. He's got total control of Quality Control at Evolution Covers. A mistake like that wouldn't happen now in Cory's operation. I honestly don't know how he cranks these covers out the way he does. The man has skills.

Wakebord dude..I know Rankin had the template for my 89 so hopefully Cory can track it down if he is still intouch with his old crew? I think Rankin, who made my cover when Cory was there, thought they didnt have the template but somehow found it in the archives! Good luck

Here is what she looks like with the cover http://www.flickr.com/photos/10841501@N08/page3/

There are no "Guys" in Cory's operations. He's a one man show and handles everything himself. He's got total control of Quality Control at Evolution Covers. A mistake like that wouldn't happen now in Cory's operation. I honestly don't know how he cranks these covers out the way he does. The man has skills.

Right, I was thinking of Rankin. My local shop use to order Rankin covers for every Malibu..they sell 125 ish per year. I know Rankin did a great job but eventually timing etc became an issue. I heard that Cory has stepted in up a notch over what Rankin once was. I will be replacing my stock cover on my 09 with one of Cory's when it wears out!

I just wanted to echo the kudo's for Cory. I have talked with him twice on the phone regarding a cover with skirts and he has been awesome. I haven't even received my cover yet (just placed the order today), but know without a doubt it will be awesome.

I got my cover from Cory about a month ago from the group buy. I will brag as well, the thing fits great and truly looks great as well! Well worth the $$. Thanks Cory!

Old Skool Malibu... wow, nice ride. I thought mine was in fairly great shape but you've done a great job refreshing yours. Looking at your pictures makes me want to do many things to spruce up my Bu. Sure is great to see these 'Classics' in such nice shape.

I believe i will be able to take my boat to Cory when he comes across the border to the local Tige shop for work. Should that not work out I will inquire into the possibility of a pattern in the archives, or may still take a trip south for the weekend.

Rock on!

I'm in Burnaby and launch at Cates Park. Haven't been out yet this year but definately soon. Spent the day in the boat yesterday, pulled the port side windshield right off and remounted so it'll stop rattling around and shifting. Start my 10 day shift on the tug tomorrow so hopefully be in the water right after that.

I live two blocks from cates park and am out all the time, you see a 2007 black, blue and white Vride make sure you say hello.................

you can also look for my new malibucrew sticker on the back..... :clap:

Edited by board brained
martinarcher

Old Skool Malibu... wow, nice ride. I thought mine was in fairly great shape but you've done a great job refreshing yours. Looking at your pictures makes me want to do many things to spruce up my Bu. Sure is great to see these 'Classics' in such nice shape.

I believe i will be able to take my boat to Cory when he comes across the border to the local Tige shop for work. Should that not work out I will inquire into the possibility of a pattern in the archives, or may still take a trip south for the weekend.

Rock on!

Glad to see someone else wanting to pattern a "classic" Bu in order to get a top notch cover from Cory. Rockon.gif It is well worth it - trust me!

I live two blocks from cates park and am out all the time, you see a 2007 black, blue and white Vride make sure you say hello.................

you can also look for my new malibucrew sticker on the back..... :clap:

I'll keep an eye out for sure. And if you ever need an extra rider, spotter, ballast or gas $$ you can find me here. I definitely know my way to Cates!

I'll keep an eye out for sure. And if you ever need an extra rider, spotter, ballast or gas $$ you can find me here. I definitely know my way to Cates!

your in........ will pm contact info