Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rare Malibu...

dieselburner

Malibu Boat Company gave me the address to this website. I have a 1983 Malibu that was built on a Sebring style hull. Thing is it's a berkeley jet drive. I called up Malibu to ask them about it and I talked to one of the original owners. He told me that they only made two of these boats as prototypes when they were deciding to go jet drive or prop. He told me that one of them was a small block and the other was a big block. I have the small block. Anyone have an idea as to the value of this boat? It's in really good shape, runs and looks great. I have had it since the late 80's and want to get rid of it to buy a larger boat. Steve

No clue on the value.... whatever a Malibu collector will pay?

Do you have any pics of the boat you can put up?

Seems like I remember Brendella doing a similar boat back in the 70s.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

No clue on the value.... whatever a Malibu collector will pay?

I don't think I have ever heard of a Malibu collector. Lots of people love their old boat but I think it is mostly a sentimental thing - I have major attachment to my dads 70's Stingray. Unless the boat is immaculate I would doubt it is worth much unless it was going back to Malibu to be a show piece - then it might be more of a name your price type thing. But I don't really know what I am talking about :).

No clue on value, but any chance we could get some pictures?

:plus1::plus1:

This is probably more a case of finding the right person, and then the right price.

It's worth whatever someone is willing to give you for it.

No clue on value, but any chance we could get some pictures?

It's basically going to be what somebody is willing to pay. You may try advertising in some kind of classic or custom magazine, your next option would be ebay and set a price that you would be willing to take for it.

Malibu Boat Company gave me the address to this website. I have a 1983 Malibu that was built on a Sebring style hull. Thing is it's a berkeley jet drive. I called up Malibu to ask them about it and I talked to one of the original owners. He told me that they only made two of these boats as prototypes when they were deciding to go jet drive or prop. He told me that one of them was a small block and the other was a big block. I have the small block. Anyone have an idea as to the value of this boat? It's in really good shape, runs and looks great. I have had it since the late 80's and want to get rid of it to buy a larger boat. Steve

Definitely a piece of Malibu's history.

You might have one of the first Malibu's built. I do know a lot of the first Malibu's Boat built were a jet drive, built in Bob Alkema's living room / garage. :)

Post some pictures, I would love to see it.

-Paul

very informative post - nearly ten years ago when we first got into boating I picked up a 1968 larsen I/O very cheaply - boat was well taken care of and the owner gave me a great deal - after we beat the boat around the lake for a season we elected to purchase another bigger boat - so I went to the local larsen dealer and they took it in on trade - boat's still in their showroom.