Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exhaust Flapper - HELP

I am hoping the Crew can come through for me on this one...

One of my Exhaust flapper needs to be replaced one of the screw holes is completely torn out. The Dealer gave me some new ones but they do not fit. They were too big.

I have a 95 Response with Merc 350.

I went back to the Dealer and we just spent my entire lunch break looking through parts catalogs and found no replacement.

The Dealer is suggesting i buy some flappers designed for Silent choice exhaust and put them around the black plastic piece the old flappers fit in with a hose clamp. I don't want to do this as I will then be seeing a hose clamp and not look right. I thought about cutting the too big ones but the rubber is really thick and has fibers in the rubber.

My old flapper measures almost 4 inches but the exhaust pipe hole is only around 2 5/8".

I guess the newer exhausts are 4 inches and the flapper is therefore bigger.

DOES ANYONE have some of these "older" flappers around?? or know where to get them??

I would like to buy a pair if possible.

Thank you in advance

martinarcher

The exhaust diameter sounds smaller than usual to me. I would guess the ID of my exhaust is 3.5". Got a pic of your existing flapper? I'm guessing it's like a big flange that goes 2 5/8" to 4"?

The exhaust diameter sounds smaller than usual to me. I would guess the ID of my exhaust is 3.5". Got a pic of your existing flapper? I'm guessing it's like a big flange that goes 2 5/8" to 4"?

My Flapper...

thanks

We've got plenty in stock, drop us (Paul or Andrew) a call or e-mail and i would be glad to ship whatever you need no problem. I didn't realize I didn't have these on the online store so i will get them listed on there ASAP.

The complete flapper (includes new stainless piece at the top) sells for $23.99

Hope this helps you out!!

Paul

We've got plenty in stock, drop us (Paul or Andrew) a call or e-mail and i would be glad to ship whatever you need no problem. I didn't realize I didn't have these on the online store so i will get them listed on there ASAP.

The complete flapper (includes new stainless piece at the top) sells for $23.99

Hope this helps you out!!

Paul

Please set a pair aside for me I will call you when I am out of work at 5 Eastern.

you wouldn't believe how much I have looked for this smaller size flapper. Good thing we aren't in the 1920's or i may have been slapped for how many times i have said "flapper"

Thank you,

Paul,

Look at your PM the Flapper size on the website is incorrect for my Response...

Hopefully we can find the right size, mine are actually only 4" in diameter.

Thanks

I am hoping the Crew can come through for me on this one...

One of my Exhaust flapper needs to be replaced one of the screw holes is completely torn out. The Dealer gave me some new ones but they do not fit. They were too big.

I have a 95 Response with Merc 350.

I went back to the Dealer and we just spent my entire lunch break looking through parts catalogs and found no replacement.

The Dealer is suggesting i buy some flappers designed for Silent choice exhaust and put them around the black plastic piece the old flappers fit in with a hose clamp. I don't want to do this as I will then be seeing a hose clamp and not look right. I thought about cutting the too big ones but the rubber is really thick and has fibers in the rubber.

My old flapper measures almost 4 inches but the exhaust pipe hole is only around 2 5/8".

I guess the newer exhausts are 4 inches and the flapper is therefore bigger.

DOES ANYONE have some of these "older" flappers around?? or know where to get them??

I would like to buy a pair if possible.

Thank you in advance

I don't know if you found them or not, but I MIGHT have the ones you want. They were for an 87 Skier. They are plastic, and are held in place by 1 small plastic tit on each side. They snap into place on the boat side and just float according to the exhaust flow. The reason I have them is because when they got old, the titty would pop out of the hole and the flapper was lost due to the exhaust pressure. Malibu changed the design of the flapper, but I am not sure what year. As I said b/4, they are off of an 87 and I do know that the 88 used the same flapper design. They did not install with any screws. I hope I can help you if you are still in need. Steve [email protected]

martinarcher

I don't know if you found them or not, but I MIGHT have the ones you want. They were for an 87 Skier. They are plastic, and are held in place by 1 small plastic tit on each side. They snap into place on the boat side and just float according to the exhaust flow. The reason I have them is because when they got old, the titty would pop out of the hole and the flapper was lost due to the exhaust pressure. Malibu changed the design of the flapper, but I am not sure what year. As I said b/4, they are off of an 87 and I do know that the 88 used the same flapper design. They did not install with any screws. I hope I can help you if you are still in need. Steve [email protected]

He posted a pic and I have an 88' Skier. They are certainly different. That's funny you had trouble with them mine have been butter.

I got those exhaust flappers online so you could compare/measure to see which one is correct. Malibu has only used one or the other so one of these should be right. I've got plenty of them.

Bake's Online - Exhaust Flappers

Hope this helps

Paul

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

I have found my FLAPPER!!

Everett...

• 5 years later...

Just saw this topic I have an 88 skier and am missing an exhaust flapper. They appear to be flush with the boat and have a spring pin attaching them on top. Any help?