Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

That's My Boat!

Sullivan

The wife and I loaded up the two kids and decided to head out to the lake this afternoon. On the way out she wanted to stop and get the mail. Blam, would you look at that, thats our boat on the cover. I had to get out and look at the numbers on the side of the boat to make sure.

If I could figure out how to post it I would. I have it in PDF now.

How did you get your boat on the cover? That’s just too cool.

PS: To post a pic here you have to be a paying member. And the $25 or $50 membership is well worth it.

The wife and I loaded up the two kids and decided to head out to the lake this afternoon. On the way out she wanted to stop and get the mail. Blam, would you look at that, thats our boat on the cover. I had to get out and look at the numbers on the side of the boat to make sure.

can you post your picture on a site like flickr or photobucket.

if you do that just use the insert image icon and paste in the url of your picture. you do not need to be a paying member to do that.

that is too cool though to have your boat on the cover of a magazine.

here:

april-2010-cover.jpg

Edited by Cervelo

So you didn't know there were people taking pictures of your boat that day? That's you behind the boat right?

So you didn't know there were people taking pictures of your boat that day? That's you behind the boat right?

Not quite, I wish I was skiing with that kind of crowd. That is the previous owner, he is a promo guy.

Not quite, I wish I was skiing with that kind of crowd. That is the previous owner, he is a promo guy.

Ok it makes sense now, I was a little confused by the first post. Like Malibudude said you have to frame that cover, it's awesome.

All these ideas sound great. My wife said she was going to draw the line when I told her I wanted to take down our wedding picture above the fireplace mantel and mount the Waterski Mag cover over the fireplace instead. The boat barn and my office could definitely use a new picture though. I sent an email to Todd Ristorcelli, we'll see if he gets back to me.

martinarcher

All these ideas sound great. My wife said she was going to draw the line when I told her I wanted to take down our wedding picture above the fireplace mantel and mount the Waterski Mag cover over the fireplace instead. The boat barn and my office could definitely use a new picture though. I sent an email to Todd Ristorcelli, we'll see if he gets back to me.

That is hilarious! ROFL.gifROFL.gif

:rofl:

I have one to. Powerboat magazine 2005 Towboat of the Year Wakesetter VLX.

post-23-126900955011_thumb.jpg I keep the magazine well protected.

Sweet. Definitely get it mounted & framed.

We've had small stories & a few pics make it into the mag before too. Probably the biggest was when we found out that Grafton Smith (WS photographer) was on the lake. We all took off from work early & went out hunting for him. At the time, we had been doing ski shows & nailed a double Around the boat a few times. When we found him, we nailed the DATB with inverts going into & out of the trick..... a bit of controlled chaos. 2 riders behind the boat, 4 inverts, plus an Around the boat in about 3 or 4 seconds.

The story was called "Sammamish, The lake that never sleeps" & was from 2001. At the time there were a number of pictures too but I don't know if their archived anywhere.

Sweet. Definitely get it mounted & framed.

We've had small stories & a few pics make it into the mag before too. Probably the biggest was when we found out that Grafton Smith (WS photographer) was on the lake. We all took off from work early & went out hunting for him. At the time, we had been doing ski shows & nailed a double Around the boat a few times. When we found him, we nailed the DATB with inverts going into & out of the trick..... a bit of controlled chaos. 2 riders behind the boat, 4 inverts, plus an Around the boat in about 3 or 4 seconds.

The story was called "Sammamish, The lake that never sleeps" & was from 2001. At the time there were a number of pictures too but I don't know if their archived anywhere.

Hey Bill,

I used to be out on Sammamish at the slalom course every other day waiting for the sun to come up in 2000, 2001 and half of 2002. I had a brown and cream color Ski Supreme. I miss those days, man that was fun.

I'm betting I could actually pull that one off.....:crazy:

I thought the "new and improved" Waterski Mag looked great. They did a nice job but I think they are only putting out 6 issues a year now verses 8 before.

I'm betting I could actually pull that one off.....:crazy:

Oh, I'm going to try for sure. Better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission! Right?

Hey Bill,

I used to be out on Sammamish at the slalom course every other day waiting for the sun to come up in 2000, 2001 and half of 2002. I had a brown and cream color Ski Supreme. I miss those days, man that was fun.

Too funny. I didn't make it out that early very often. But I lived in the Lakewood Shores condos near Idylwood Park. And knew plenty of people around that you might be familiar with, Ken B, Ray, Jamie N., Andy L, etc.... all slalom skiers back in the day.

BTW, interesting little tidbit about Lakewood Shores. Thats where Herb was living when the world came crashing down on him back in the early 80s. And I believe Wiley lived there at some point too. There was always a little waterskiing history around there. I found an old standup hydrofoil from the 1960s underneath one of the decks one time. :rofl: