Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Changing fluids

Changed the oil and drive fluids in our 07 23 LSV with the 383 last night. The motor oil was black(same color as always) and the ATF fluid from both drives(about 100 on the fluid) were still red in color but very dark(same as last time).

The question is, how dark are the fluids from your motor and drives?

Changed the oil and drive fluids in our 07 23 LSV with the 383 last night. The motor oil was black(same color as always) and the ATF fluid from both drives(about 100 on the fluid) were still red in color but very dark(same as last time).

The question is, how dark are the fluids from your motor and drives?

Black and Red. Just be thankfull none of them are white.

Right after I picked up my boat (after my dealer/seller supposedly winterized it and changed all the fluids) I checked the vdrive and the fluid had the consistency and look of a strawberry milkshake. Flushed and changed and after 75 hrs no probs but my fingers are crossed.

Right after I picked up my boat (after my dealer/seller supposedly winterized it and changed all the fluids) I checked the vdrive and the fluid had the consistency and look of a strawberry milkshake. Flushed and changed and after 75 hrs no probs but my fingers are crossed.

Nate, did you find the source of the water? I didn't think the v-drive unit was water cooled, just the transmissio.

As for the color

black and dark red oil every 50 and transmission every year (100 or so).

Nate, did you find the source of the water? I didn't think the v-drive unit was water cooled, just the transmissio.

As for the color

black and dark red oil every 50 and transmission every year (100 or so).

No I never found the source, that's the scary part. Shame on me for unknowingly buying a repo from a jack-leg dealer!!

No I never found the source, that's the scary part. Shame on me for unknowingly buying a repo from a jack-leg dealer!!

V-drive is water cooled. Did you ever get a high enough water level in the bilge so that it may have entered through the dipstick or a vent?

V-drive is water cooled. Did you ever get a high enough water level in the bilge so that it may have entered through the dipstick or a vent?

Not since I owned it, but I have seen hints that that may have been a possibility with the previous owner. Do you guys hear that..?? I think it's my resale value falling like a rock :biggrin:

Not since I owned it, but I have seen hints that that may have been a possibility with the previous owner. Do you guys hear that..?? I think it's my resale value falling like a rock :biggrin:

Don't worry too much about it. My first boat was a repo, sold it for what I paid for it two years later. My biggest problem was it wasnt a Bu!