Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Storage Question

jcon44

Hi Guys, i'm in the process of buying my 1st malibu, 07 23 LSV. My question is this; should i be concerned about lowering the tower for storage after each use. The cost for dry storage is ALLOT more to keep the tower up because you are renting two spots. Anything i should be concerned about if i put the tower down after each use? Does anyone do this and what are you thoughts. I know there are some bolts to undo each time but and i'll need to take of the bimini, but anyother issues? I can get the double spot but the cost is sooooo much more. Thanks for any thoughts.

Hi Guys, i'm in the process of buying my 1st malibu, 07 23 LSV. My question is this; should i be concerned about lowering the tower for storage after each use. The cost for dry storage is ALLOT more to keep the tower up because you are renting two spots. Anything i should be concerned about if i put the tower down after each use? Does anyone do this and what are you thoughts. I know there are some bolts to undo each time but and i'll need to take of the bimini, but anyother issues? I can get the double spot but the cost is sooooo much more. Thanks for any thoughts.

No issue with that other than you will not be able to lower the tower all the way down if you have a cover on your boat. Malibu ships the boats with the towers down and they use a bracket to hold the tower up at the right height. If you can't find one check with your local dealer I'm sure they have them sitting around in the service department. Installing this bracket takes a couple people.

No issue with that other than you will not be able to lower the tower all the way down if you have a cover on your boat. Malibu ships the boats with the towers down and they use a bracket to hold the tower up at the right height. If you can't find one check with your local dealer I'm sure they have them sitting around in the service department. Installing this bracket takes a couple people.

Not if they just took on Malibu and haven't received any new boats yet :whistle: jconn, did it come with a cover? If not you might want to research Evolution covers!!

I would much prefer to tow with the tower down. What does that bracket attach to?

I would much prefer to tow with the tower down. What does that bracket attach to?

Attaches to the tower and the tower base. I'll post a pic later tonight when I get home.

Not if they just took on Malibu and haven't received any new boats yet :whistle: jconn, did it come with a cover? If not you might want to research Evolution covers!!

Cover is included, just trying to figure out if saving the money is worth the trouble of putting the tower up and down every time i take it out?? Storage on LKN is robbery, I'm in the wrong business for sure...

Cover is included, just trying to figure out if saving the money is worth the trouble of putting the tower up and down every time i take it out?? Storage on LKN is robbery, I'm in the wrong business for sure...

Someone out there is trying to rob you of your precious cash? Hmmm....you must be a boat owner... If your not already used to it welcome to the club.

Here's the bracket I was talking about. It's just 1/4" aluminum flatbar. I've positioned it like it would be bolted up if the tower was down. It has three different holes which represents three possible heights the tower can be secured in the down position. This bracket holds the tower just above the height of the windshield if I remember correctly. If I was towing down the road I would have one on each side of the tower, that's just me though.

Edit: Correction it looks like I took the picture with the bracket upside down. The single hole does not go on the base of the tower.

P3181165.jpg

Edited by 06vlx

skyskier, FWIW I would just tow with the tower up. jcon, you could rig up a 2x4 to support the tower at just the right height while you slide in the aluminum retainers, then pull the 2x. If you leave enough space you might be able to still put a cover on tight and around the tower legs (an evolution cover).This would help keep debris and critters out of your boat while it is in the rack. I think someone will need to check clearances that the cover will still slide in under the tower this way, but I think it would work. That still may be too tall though for a single stall, since the tower will need to stay above the window to slide the cover under.

Edited by MalibuTime

You ain't kidding, I've got pricing on a few wet slips...:crazy: Would you be storing the boat with the cover on? Isn't the marina by the Rudder fully enclosed?

You ain't kidding, I've got pricing on a few wet slips...:crazy: Would you be storing the boat with the cover on? Isn't the marina by the Rudder fully enclosed?

The dry storage is enclosed but I would cover the boat any. I image the doors are open a good bit of the day and the pollen and everything else around here would make a mess of an uncovered boat quickly.