Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What does a new dock cost?

Arctic Slalom

so my sister and brother-in-law bought a lake place last summer.

quiet lake, super clean in central MN. Yes, i'm jealous.

anyway, the home came with a really sketchy dock which they could either fix up ($500; new deck boards, some welding/bracing, and bumpers, etc), or they could get a new dock.

so what does a new, aluminum dock with synthetic decking run? I'm thinking he'll need about 25', as his new Bennington is 22'. I think he wants it to be straight, no "L" shapes or anything and no built in seating.....pretty simple, overall.

if any of you could help me out on what a new dock costs, I can at least talk it over with him.

-aren't "good" quality docks about $100/L.F.?

there is also an upcoming "lakes country" consignment auction and there are a few docks out there, too. We might look at those, but would like to start with the prices for new and work from there.

-any help would be great!

CR

We put in a shorestation dock. Very easy to put in and take out compared to other docks I have had. If I remember correctly the cost was about $800 per 8ft section.

MalibuNation

I love my alumi-span dock, a couple of years ago 4' x 8' sections were around 400 bucks each, cetainly an investment, no up keep. Last a life time!

http://www.alumi-span.com/

ANODIZED ALUMINUM DECK

Nothing’s lighter - nothing’s cooler - nothing’s stronger. Better yet, these decks offer superior value since they last almost indefinitely. Don’t be fooled by cheaper “non-anodized” units. Anodized aluminum is also the easiest to clean. Unlike some competitive units, our decks are made with a strong alloy and our acid-etched anodizing process will not turn black over time. Deck boards interlock together and then are fastened with stainless fasteners. Tough adhesive is added to eliminate squeaks and rattles.

Don't forget to search craigslist, ebay, local lakefront drives, etc. for used equipment. I found a 20ft section of Hewitt roll-a-dock about a mile down the river last spring for $600. New aluminum dock is PRICEY...but you get what you pay for just like anything else.

Are you putting in a fixed dock or a floating dock? We are putting in a 28' x 16' floating dock (sort of like a swim platform that we could tie the boat to) with a ramp and it was about $15k. We were surprised how much docks were and the nice covered dock with the lift will have to wait awhile until we recover from buying the new lakehouse.