Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet maintenance tips, Please!

Hi All. I purchased my boat from a buddy and I don't think he took very good care of the carpet on the boat. Their aren't many stains, but the carpet itself looks matted together, kind of like its all one piece. Besides spraying the interior out with the power washer, do you have any products or techniques that you use as maintenance for your Malibu carpet? I don't want to get any of my stereo equipment wet other wise I probably would just spray everything down. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi All. I purchased my boat from a buddy and I don't think he took very good care of the carpet on the boat. Their aren't many stains, but the carpet itself looks matted together, kind of like its all one piece. Besides spraying the interior out with the power washer, do you have any products or techniques that you use as maintenance for your Malibu carpet? I don't want to get any of my stereo equipment wet other wise I probably would just spray everything down. Any help would be much appreciated!

Matting happens. Get a shop vac, scrub brush and a bucket of water. pour the water on the carpet making sure to completely saturate it. Take a scrub brush and brush up the knap (sp?) vacuum until dry. Repeat until the water in the vac remains clean.

+1

Mix in a little carpet cleaner on the first pass and make sure you rinse it out good. It may not look dirty but you will be surprised at how long it takes to get clean water in the shop vac. I think I keep my carpet clean but I am still amazed at how much dirty water I vacuum up .

I know it may sound trivial but vacuum often it keeps the dirt at a minimum, and clean the carpet at least a couple times per season. Keeps it looking fresh. Not much you can do about the matting down. When you fluff it back up the moment you step on it it's pretty much matted again. If someone has a trick for that I would love to know.

I know it may sound trivial but vacuum often it keeps the dirt at a minimum, and clean the carpet at least a couple times per season. Keeps it looking fresh. Not much you can do about the matting down. When you fluff it back up the moment you step on it it's pretty much matted again. If someone has a trick for that I would love to know.

the trick is to make sure you don't use carpet cleaner soap,if you do you need to rinse, rinse rinse. the residue helps it matt.

Does Malibu offer different grades of carpet as options? If so, does the higher grade mat as easily?

Does Malibu offer different grades of carpet as options? If so, does the higher grade mat as easily?

Yeah carpet is different on the Ride series and the Wakesetter/Sunsetter series of boats. I think it all mats pretty easy after a while. I think it's kind of like grass when you've been walking on it for a while. You can bring the pile back up for a while and then it goes back down.