Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Malibu Wrap

Blacky22

Its finally on for those of you who requested to see it. Click below

My link

When you click on the link it asks you to sign into facebook. Do you have a link where you don't have to login?

Yea for sure... was always going to go for it regardless of the feedback... taking her up to the river this weekedn so will get some good images of her on the water!

Not my cup of tea, but glad you got what you wanted. If you were on the water near me, I would look at the boat and make assumptions about you, but you would win me over if I saw you acting responsibly on the water. Then I would see past the wrap and see another person who loves boating, and 'Bus in particular.

Congrats.

I am glad you were able to get what you wanted!! and will be looking forward to the wet pics. Definately sets the boat apart. Not Dad's boat!

It looks better than I thought it would, is there any way you could leave the cover on :Tease3: , the black ties in better than the white imo. I assume you are putting your platform back on? It looks like a lot of the work back there will be covered up bicbw.

Edited by Ndawg12

I like it, and I don't like it. To me any graphics design should compliment or accentuate the lines and design of the item it is on (car/boat/t-shirt). That design could be on a billboard, or a bumper sticker, or anything. At the same time, it's original, and that's pretty important to me, and actually in concept it's pretty slick. Again on the other hand, it also screams "pull me over". I would bet that the patrol boat will go out of their way to check you.

But now that you've gone down that road, are you thinking of any custom upholstery? Gotta do something to tie in the interior with the exterior, then it's a true custom machine. Even just replacing the center areas of a few key cushions, or adding some beading with the same colors, etc.

Looks like you got the results you were looking for--definitely one of a kind! Always look better once completed. Not my thing, but that's fine.

Congratulations on not only having it complete, but having the guts to do it in the first place. Can't wait to see pictures on the water. Kudos to you, sir.

:cheers:

As far as the Kluger, this is America and you'll get told you need a one-ton dually pickup to tow that boat. Our tow ratings on the same vehicles are significantly less (like half) than elsewhere in the world due to our sue-happy society. That's got to be pushing the limits of that vehicle's capability, though. Make sure the tanks are empty before heading out.

No, no, wasn't commenting on your use of the vehicle (though as jk13 points out, it'd be out of the norm in the us to use the highlander as a tow vehicle). Personally, one of my favorite things about vacationing out of country is seeing the cars and trucks that we don't have here in the US -- same goes for how others use the vehicles we DO have. Good on ya!

It looks better on the boat. I probably would have rocked something more edgy like this when I first graduated from school... Now that clients or possibly people I manage come out on my boat, we definitely have to keep it corporate.

BTW- watch your rub rails they get messed up very easy. I think I may just remove the vinyl from the rails on our boat.

What bimmini is that, btw? Is it hella low?

Just the normal bimini modded to fit under the tower so that you get more coverage from the sun!! although you dont get as much head room its better for blocking sun and rain!

You think it looks weird? ha...

It looks better than I thought it would, is there any way you could leave the cover on :Tease3: , the black ties in better than the white imo. I assume you are putting your platform back on? It looks like a lot of the work back there will be covered up bicbw.

My thoughts exactly. As I said before it's not my thing but to each his own. I think it looks so much better on the boat than the pictures. And I'm with NDawg on the cover staying on. Too much contrast with the white. Enjoy your ride it looks bitchin !!!!

It looks way better on the boat and on the water than it did in the original pic. I have to ask though, does the blue writing say Wake?

It looks way better on the boat and on the water than it did in the original pic. I have to ask though, does the blue writing say Wake?

Yeah she has come up awesome! nah the blue graffiti writing says Malibu if you look carefully.

you know.....seeing it on the water wow it looks cool......talk about a one of a kind boat, congrats man

and this is coming from a guy who stipped all the side decals off my boat for the clean look..... :crazy:

hey Blacky, when you took those pics, what balast did you have loaded?

Cheers Guys! only has centre ballast and was full in those pix. Plus would have a little extra weight of dual batteries and sub.