Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 Wakesetter VLX Window Tint

newguy

I read all the other posts about window tinting but have a couple questions:

The local dealer said he can tint the windows but there will be an overlap on the curved part of the window about an eighth of an inch. Has anyone else had this done with the overlap - does it look bad?

Also, my boat is white with some orange - does anyone have a picture of a mostly white boat with tinted windows?

thanks,

They can do that whole curve with one piece of tint. Therefore there shouldn't be an overlap at all. Its been done before time and time again. Tell em to try it ;)

Sounds like a short cut to me. Shop around for tint guys, once you talk to them its pretty obvious to recognize the ones that know what they are talking about. I spoke to four or five different shops before I found our guy.

If there lapping it they are new and you do NOT want them in your boat. Call around and ask how long each shop has been shrinking film. Anyone who says they dont due that HANG UP.. Any good tint shop can shrink film to fit compound curves.

Do not let them touch your boat. It can be done w/ one piece of tint!!! check out the oics at my local shop www.dedona.com

These guys are the best in the business!! They did my boat.

Here's some pics of the tint job my brother did here in Utah... 4% (Limo) All one solid piece on the two sides.

DSC03405.jpg

DSC03401.jpg

DSC03399.jpg

DSC03403.jpg

DSC03404.jpg

Some are with the flash. Some are without.

Here's some pics of the tint job my brother did here in Utah... 4% (Limo) All one solid piece on the two sides.

DSC03405.jpg

DSC03401.jpg

DSC03399.jpg

DSC03403.jpg

DSC03404.jpg

looks great!

DSC03405.jpg

DSC03401.jpg

DSC03399.jpg

DSC03403.jpg

DSC03404.jpg

How much did that run your brother to do?

Thx

I paid him $100 and helped him run speaker wire and cable throughout his new house lol. He usually charges people around $250 for that tho.