Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thinking of coming back to Malibu

lxirod

I sold my CC196 couple months ago and planned on getting a promo CC200 at the end of the season. But now Im thinking about comong back to Malibu LXI for a few reasons. One, the ski lake I ski on has been foreclosed on and I don't know the future of it. I have two other lakes to ski on, but they are further away, so I will likely go to public water more often. Two, wife is prego with # 2. So I feel that with the response being a bigger boat it may suit my needs a bit better. However , I've yet to see the new body style in person, much less a 2010. Anyone have any pics of the 2010?? Any thoughts on the performance on the course?? wake, tracking so on???

Just curious, what private lake is in foreclosure if you don't mind saying. If its a private matter, I apoligize for asking.

Just curious, what private lake is in foreclosure if you don't mind saying. If its a private matter, I apoligize for asking.

No problem, I don't thinks a big secret . Stillwater ranch was foreclosed on . The investor who has it now still wants to run it as a club, however since it is for sale , and they know nothing about running a ski club, I have my reservations on giving them any money. If anyone has the $$ , they only want 1.5M for it. 80 acres, 2 lakes, close to Sacramento and Roseville. I wish I had the $$. Problem is prpeorty is not splitbable, probably never will be and I doubt any bank will loan on it.

Here are some pics I stumbled upon doing a search, I believe they are all 2010 LXi's but I can't be 100% sure. Maybe check out this link too: LXi Virtual Test Drive. I can't comment on the drive or the wake of the 2010 as the only Malibu I've ever been behind the wheel of is my 01 but I am sure it is exceptional just as the Nautique likely is as well.

171572_p_t_640x480_image07.jpg

bd5249036696135974647.jpg

171572_p_t_640x480_image01.jpg

I just checked out the lake you ski at, it looks very nice and it would be a shame if it got closed down. Hopefully it works out down there.

Edited by Wakes

I sold my CC196 couple months ago and planned on getting a promo CC200 at the end of the season. But now Im thinking about comong back to Malibu LXI for a few reasons. One, the ski lake I ski on has been foreclosed on and I don't know the future of it. I have two other lakes to ski on, but they are further away, so I will likely go to public water more often. Two, wife is prego with # 2. So I feel that with the response being a bigger boat it may suit my needs a bit better. However , I've yet to see the new body style in person, much less a 2010. Anyone have any pics of the 2010?? Any thoughts on the performance on the course?? wake, tracking so on???

My most recent experience is with an '08 but I'm pretty sure it's still the same hull as the '10. Wake and handling are world class; if you liked the handling and wake on your CC you'll be extremely happy with the LXI as well. Room wise and ergonomics wise, hands down you'll like the Bu much better. I have a similar sized (though earlier version hull) '05, the wife and I can lounge comfortably in the bow with the filler cushion installed and I'm 6'3". That's why I bought mine; world class wakes and handling in a really good, nicely roomy inboard family boat. When you get that and the world class slalom wakes to go with it, why would anyone serious about slalom but needing more than a one-trick-pony buy a less roomy boat?

Ed

that one is sweet. i wish there was a dealer out here who had one. now off to save my pennies

Thank you, I had a customer in Dec. in your same dilemma and he went with the Response instead. A couple of items I found with the cc200, it has a 29 gal fuel tank vs our 41 gal., top speed of 41.5 mph and needs the 409 to barefoot plus it has more white wash.

Well, it's funny that you ask this. My club had a 2008 RLXi that it just sold. Today is the spray date for the club's 2010 RLXi. The best skier in our club is a hardcore Nautique guy who has stated on more than one occasion that he plans to sell his Nautique and buy the 2010 boat when the club is ready to sell it.