Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Excitement turns into frustration

lakewaterjunky

Got a four hot tube heatercraft heater, some hole saws to use for the ports, and even an extra vent for the drivers dash to keep fogging down. After going to our barn (at another property we have) to hook it up and bring it home for de-winterizing & start on the heater instalation, there was a dry rotted flat tire waiting for me. So after researching a bit, new tires and new rims are on the way. It was time to replace them anyway, but I could have got a lot done to it early last week if it was at the house garage where all my tools are. Ah well, this week holds some promise for the install. Wetsuits for all of us are on the way too (for the girls and I anyway,mommy says she'll just drive for a while), we may only be a few weeks from skiing!

This is our first year with all of the following equipment:

Hot water shower

A block-off plate for the walk through/windshield

The full body wetsuits

A heater

Blankets with modified attachment points for the hot tubes (my Daughter wants to modify a snuggy)

Last year, first skiing was April 26th with no wesuit, heater or block-off plate...this year we're shootin for week one or two in April. :crazy:

Good luck to everyone de-winterizing spring is almost here! :yahoo:

Edited by lakewaterjunky

Got a four hot tube heatercraft heater, some hole saws to use for the ports, and even an extra vent for the drivers dash to keep fogging down. After going to our barn (at another property we have) to hook it up and bring it home for de-winterizing & start on the heater instalation, there was a dry rotted flat tire waiting for me. So after researching a bit, new tires and new rims are on the way. It was time to replace them anyway, but I could have got a lot done to it early last week if it was at the house garage where all my tools are. Ah well, this week holds some promise for the install. Wetsuits for all of us are on the way too (for the girls and I anyway,mommy says she'll just drive for a while), we may only be a few weeks from skiing!

This is our first year with all of the following equipment:

Hot water shower

A block-off plate for the walk through/windshield

The full body wetsuits

A heater with four hot tubes

Blankets with modified attachment points for the hot tubes (my Daughter wants to modify a snuggy)

Last year, first skiing was April 26th with no wesuit, heater or block-off plate...this year we're shootin for week one or two in April. Crazy.gif

Good luck to everyone de-winterizing spring is almost hear! Yahoo.gif

Congrats on the mods, I was hoping for a heater and hotwater shower this winter but I was told by the company that I was moving to Charlotte, that put a hold on all nonesential spending. Hopefully next year.

We usually get on the water in April without any heat but with shorties for all. Will be looking into full suits with the heaters for the fall and winter.

Modify a snuggy? Could be well worth the effort to keep the kids happy, warm a dry is a good thing on cool days/evenings after a ride on late afternoon glass.

REW

sounds like you really want to make sure those deck hands are happy - good call.

The happier momma and the kids are the more water time you'll have.

Boat snuggie! Sounds like a new model Snuggie waiting to happen.

I wish our fleece boat blankets were in the snuggie price range, I would try to save you some time.

You will love having all those creature comfort accessories on the boat.

Happy boating season!

-Paul

Congrats on the heater. Four tubes is gonna be the bomb diggity!

Hope you picked up a spare tire too. Whether your trailer is a single or tandem axle, you could have swapped out the dry rotted tire with the spare & still gotten the work done. :yahoo:

You could consider another mod for warmth and a happy spouse. When we bought our boat, the deal maker was having the passenger seat with a heating element installed. The dealer actually threw that in after we had agreed on a price because it was quite apparent to them that it would make my wife happy. We also have a heater and keep a 12 volt electric fleece blanket in the boat. My wife does not like to be cold.

If it keeps her warm...

HEhehe, oh man, hope your life insurance is paid up on her. :whistle:

I'm sure there isn't enough amps in a blanket to do much damage. But it won't be pleasant. And it will probably make her cranky.

I'd get one of Bakes boat blankets (I have 2 in the boat at all times), and at least one hot tube to warm up inside it. Get her a pair of Old Friends boots (think Uggs) to wear on the boat. Check out the Y adapter for your heater supply line. And install more hot tubes if needed.

It'll be a lot safer.

HEhehe, oh man, hope your life insurance is paid up on her. :whistle:

I'm sure there isn't enough amps in a blanket to do much damage. But it won't be pleasant. And it will probably make her cranky.

I'd get one of Bakes boat blankets (I have 2 in the boat at all times), and at least one hot tube to warm up inside it. Get her a pair of Old Friends boots (think Uggs) to wear on the boat. Check out the Y adapter for your heater supply line. And install more hot tubes if needed.

It'll be a lot safer.

Not concerned about it. Did have the Y adapter changed a few years ago, so we are good there.

I wish our fleece boat blankets were in the snuggie price range, I would try to save you some time.

Happy boating season!

-Paul

We were in Gatlinburg over the weekend for the girls Cheer competition and there was a “as seen on TV” store. Sure enough, my oldest zones right in on it as we were going down the road and belts out, get me a Snuggy Daddy!…We were in a hurry, no time to stop.

My brother has done upholstery work on the side for years, we really might make a version of this sometime. We will be making a fleece blanket of our own of some type to attach the hot tubes for sure.

I have seen the 12volt seat pads on your website, I’m sure that will be an easy sell to Momma when we reupholster the observer and/or drivers seats.

Congrats on the heater. Four tubes is gonna be the bomb diggity!

Hope you picked up a spare tire too. Whether your trailer is a single or tandem axle, you could have swapped out the dry rotted tire with the spare & still gotten the work done. :yahoo:

There was a little surface rust on both rims so with the possibility of a leak after the change, I ordered two new rims along with tires (separately) so that we could use the good old one as a spare. The tire is a little dry, but we didn’t have one at all before. It will be nice to have backup now.

We were in Gatlinburg over the weekend for the girls Cheer competition and there was a “as seen on TV” store. Sure enough, my oldest zones right in on it as we were going down the road and belts out, get me a Snuggy Daddy!…We were in a hurry, no time to stop.

My brother has done upholstery work on the side for years, we really might make a version of this sometime. We will be making a fleece blanket of our own of some type to attach the hot tubes for sure.

I have seen the 12volt seat pads on your website, I’m sure that will be an easy sell to Momma when we reupholster the observer and/or drivers seats.

Any upgrade that makes the Momma happy is a good one. :thumbup:

Any upgrade that makes the Momma happy is a good one. :thumbup:

You got that right. I'm hoping that a bimini "pleases her" before mid summer.

Happy boating season!

-Paul

I have one of these blankets, but from when Sky Ski was selling them still. My mom just made four of them for our friends. They are worth their weight in gold!