Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsuit shopping

martinarcher

martinarcher

Well the lice is starting to thin out on the lake, but isn't gone yet. Last year we hit the water when it was 49 in our trunks and life jackets. I bought a shorty for the fall season last year, but think a full wetsuit might be worth a go. That, or a wetsuit jacket to add the the shorty until the water is in the mid to upper 50's.

I need opinions on full wetsuits. I have been reading about this Yamamoto rubber that they are making wetsuits out of now that is supposed to be lighter, glide better, and be more flexible. Anyone have one? What kind? Thoughts?

Thanks all!

I just ordered three full wetsuits from this place Ask for Dave he'll take care of any questions you have and consider your measurements & budget then get you hooked up with what you need.

I have an Oneill Gooru and love it. The zipper has a flap that keeps water from seeping in the back causing me to hit those high notes. Great suit for cold water.

Well the lice is starting to thin out on the lake, but isn't gone yet. Last year we hit the water when it was 49 in our trunks and life jackets. I bought a shorty for the fall season last year, but think a full wetsuit might be worth a go. That, or a wetsuit jacket to add the the shorty until the water is in the mid to upper 50's.

I need opinions on full wetsuits. I have been reading about this Yamamoto rubber that they are making wetsuits out of now that is supposed to be lighter, glide better, and be more flexible. Anyone have one? What kind? Thoughts?

Thanks all!

:rofl: I hope you fat-fingered that one :biggrin:

Well I pulled the trigger on a Rip Curl Core Fireskin 3/2 suit this morning. Hopefully the ice will be off soon so I can try it when it comes in! Rockon.gif

If you fat fingered Fireskin that would be kinda funny. :blush:

You are gonna love the Rip Curl. Especially if you get it just a tad on the large side. Fill 'er up good with some hot water before you take the plunge and your sopranos will be happy. :biggrin:

martinarcher

If you fat fingered Fireskin that would be kinda funny. :blush:

You are gonna love the Rip Curl. Especially if you get it just a tad on the large side. Fill 'er up good with some hot water before you take the plunge and your sopranos will be happy. :biggrin:

ROFL.gifROFL.gif I re-read it this time. Thumbup.gif

Good to hear. i did a aweful lot of reading reviews and other opinions before pulling the trigger. According to most I should have bought a 4/3, but considering I'm used to starting the year in 50 degree water in trunks I think the 3/2 will feel like heaven in the water. Rockon.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Dang - some good prices there. That place legit?

Very legit! check out some of the items for sale and the seller.... most of the time it's Backcountry.com

My son got a Mountain hardware Monkey man jacket for 30 bucks and a river guide PFD for $33.45. Only problem is you can only buy one item at a time. The checkout needs some updating for multiple item. You end up paying more for shipping since it's one at a time but at those prices you can complain. It's also kind of hard to navigate the site.... try using the search

Did you see the mens wakeboard vest for $7? I saw a couple of others also...

Let's keep this on the down low.... :whistle:

Edited by cyoda44

I normally buy O'neill. But, a few months back I bought some Hyperflex products from this store: http://stores.ebay.com/wetsuitplanetwatersportsoutlet I believe this is there company store.

So far I am very pleased with Hyperflex products I bought. They fit well and the price is right. When my O'neill Psycho is ready for retirement I will definitely give these guys a call.