Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Board Rack, Rubber

martinarcher

Mine was doing the same thing and I ended up making some inserts out of good quality black silicone. Believe it or not if you run a bead down the fork, then spit on your finder you can shape it perfectly. I fixed one of my racks last fall and was very pleased with the outcome. Looking forward to this season to see how it holds up. I'll get some pics of it if your interested.

Mine was doing the same thing and I ended up making some inserts out of good quality black silicone. Believe it or not if you run a bead down the fork, then spit on your finder you can shape it perfectly. I fixed one of my racks last fall and was very pleased with the outcome. Looking forward to this season to see how it holds up. I'll get some pics of it if your interested.

Yes, post some pics. That is a cool idea.

DIYWake.com sells rubber inserts for their board racks. I bought and used them last year, seems to work so far.

I have an '08 and the inserts were coming out as well. Since it was still under warranty, I had the local dealership replace the racks with the new "Lowrider" racks that are dipped. Cant wait to try 'em out.

I have an '08 and the inserts were coming out as well. Since it was still under warranty, I had the local dealership replace the racks with the new "Lowrider" racks that are dipped. Cant wait to try 'em out.

Im confused, because the rubber is coming off they were willing to replace the whole racks?

Im confused, because the rubber is coming off they were willing to replace the whole racks?

I complained to the local dealer where I purchased my boat and they replaced the original spinner racks with the Lowrider racks that are used on the 2010 models. I asked for the new ones and they replaced them - no questions asked.

I had the skylon tribal racks. I called them up and they shipped me some more for free. Great customer service. I will buy more racks from them just for that.