Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

womens neoprene heater shirts?

davemac

My daughter is really anxious to hit the water early this spring (with her new ski...since she outgrew the last one after one season). She wants a drysuit, but is still outgrowing things as fast as I can buy them. Thus , I am looking to "cheap out" and get her a long sleeve neoprene jersey to wear under her shorty. I don't recall her ever complaining about cold water anyway.

Anyway, looking for something similar to my O'Neill Gooru ( at least 1.5mm- 2 mm).

Any suggestions, or direction as to where best to buy? The options for women seem much less than men (I'm guessing she is a womens size 8).

TIA.

-Mac

My daughter is really anxious to hit the water early this spring (with her new ski...since she outgrew the last one after one season). She wants a drysuit, but is still outgrowing things as fast as I can buy them. Thus , I am looking to "cheap out" and get her a long sleeve neoprene jersey to wear under her shorty. I don't recall her ever complaining about cold water anyway.

Anyway, looking for something similar to my O'Neill Gooru ( at least 1.5mm- 2 mm).

Any suggestions, or direction as to where best to buy? The options for women seem much less than men (I'm guessing she is a womens size 8).

TIA.

-Mac

I am not sure about your sizing, but if she will fit a small...

http://lakeelmosports.com/product.php?productid=835&cat=303&page=1

They have more sizes in the .5 mm version.

Unfortunately, that would be too small. Thanks for the lead though...that would have been a great deal.

I saw a thread earlier today where someone bought some wetsuits at wetsuit warehouse. Their website looks pretty good, w/ several options....might give them a try.

How old is she?

BTW, is that Jim when he was a pup?

Hey Tracie,

I left her age out, because she is unusually tall for her age (biggest kid in school). She is 11 years old, at least 5'-4", 135 lbs, and now robbing from her moms closet.

(Yeah, that avatar is Jim the day we brought him home...the stuffed rooster was decapitated shortly thereafter)

Thanks for checking Tracie. Yes that is a very good deal. She already has a shorty though. My thought was to wear the long sleeve neo jersey under it until water warms a bit.

Yeah, I just happened to see that deal & thought that I'd post it. FWIW, it would be easier to deal with than putting a shorty on over the shirt.

Maybe give Grizzly or Tommy's a call & see if they've got anything leftover from last year.

• 2 weeks later...
martinarcher

Thanks all. I ended up picking her up an O'Neill Bahia long sleeve 1.5mm neo shirt on ebay ($23 w/shipping)

Post up a link if you could to the seller. I've looked at those for my wife and they are usually $75+! Cry.gif