Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Teak Done Well..

SCCA_Racer07

fence stain/sealer? I've never heard of anyone using something like that on teak. How do you think it will hold up? Do you think it will be slick when wet?

Looks really nice! :rockon:

fence stain/sealer? I've never heard of anyone using something like that on teak. How do you think it will hold up? Do you think it will be slick when wet?

Looks really nice! :rockon:

Well I took my swim step this weekend up to my parents house to work on it as a project. I was going to buy some "teak" sealer non sense and I read a couple of guys on here used some deck stain stuff on teak. My dad had about 2 pints left over from this fense sealer that was like $200 for 5 gallons. It has been on our fence for 3-1/2 years now and still looks like it was done last month. So that was good enough for me. Regardless if it gets scraped up it looks 100 times better than it did! But will give you updates on how it holds up with the wakeboards...

Oh, one more thing... We used 80 grit sandparper and then steel wolled it after the sealer was on for some added grip. I think that's the key to not making it slippery.

Looks fantastic. Rockon.gif What was the brand of stain/sealant you used?

Just talked to my dad and he said the product used is: Olympic Deck & Fence Sealer. We are not sure what color it is though. You could guess apprx. what it is but you can get it at Home Depot though. He bought it in the 5 gallon for around $200. Probably get a gallon for 40-50 and get a whole gallon and not just a pint of "teak sealer".. Hope this helps and thanks for the compliments. :)

martinarcher

Great! Now post back in a year with another picture and a wear report. Whistling.gif

A gallon of that stuff would last you for a lllooooonnnngggg time when only using it on the teak deck. Thumbup.gif