Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

High Altitude Propeller

MalibuKarl

I have an 08 23 LSV Wakesetter. My question is, what is the difference between a standard propeller and a high altitude propeller? I know it's pitch- (and diameter?), so what I'm asking is what are the pitch and diameter numbers? What RPM difference should one expect?

Thanks!!

I have an 08 23 LSV Wakesetter. My question is, what is the difference between a standard propeller and a high altitude propeller? I know it's pitch- (and diameter?), so what I'm asking is what are the pitch and diameter numbers? What RPM difference should one expect?

Thanks!!

It's 14.5X14.25 ACME 1235. Your rpms will climb slightly (200-300) from your current prop (assuming it's the 13.5x16). You will have more hole shot but will hit the rev limiter faster.

Check out this thread.

Edited by 06vlx

There are a many props that are can be deemed as high altitude. The ACME 1235 is very popular as it pulls hard due to the pitch (just like lower gearing in a car). Even people that are close to sea level use it as it makes the boat work better at surf speeds and the hole shot is better with heavy ballast loads. I am at 3500 ft and the 1235 actually helped fuel efficiency as the motor was not lugging as much due to altitude horsepower losses. We also have a 617 which is a popular high altitude props that we use at different lakes. Didn't check the reference thread above but if it didn't say... the best thing to do is talk to ACME or OJ and tell them what you are doing for watersports, your boat specs and altitude and they will recommend a prop.

G

Edited by G-Mack

There are a many props that are can be deemed as high altitude. The ACME 1235 is very popular as it pulls hard due to the pitch (just like lower gearing in a car). Even people that are close to sea level use it as it makes the boat work better at surf speeds and the hole shot is better with heavy ballast loads. I am at 3500 ft and the 1235 actually helped fuel efficiency as the motor was not lugging as much due to altitude horsepower losses. We also have a 535 and 617 which are popular high altitude props that we use at different lakes. Didn't check the reference thread above but if it didn't say... the best thing to do is talk to ACME or OJ and tell them what you are doing for watersports, your boat specs and altitude and they will recommend a prop.

G

I agree with this statement. Eric at OJ was very nice and seemed very knowledgeable about inboard props. Without hesitation, he recommended an OJ 475 for my 23LSV w/ Monsoon 340. I'm very pleased w/ the prop. 13 people in the boat, full ballast and wedge last summer and the little small block had no problem pulling wakeboarders up. Try that w/ the stock ACME 537 and see what happens.

HI I use to load the boat with 6 or 7 people and fat sacs. We live at sea level and that prop is great. You loose some speed but the fact is that wakeboarders don t need speed. For me is the standard prop of all my boats. I have 2 spare props and they are acme 1235.

I love that prop, no matter how many people on the boat the hole shot is great

Luciano from argentina

HI I use to load the boat with 6 or 7 people and fat sacs. We live at sea level and that prop is great. You loose some speed but the fact is that wakeboarders don t need speed. For me is the standard prop of all my boats. I have 2 spare props and they are acme 1235.

I love that prop, no matter how many people on the boat the hole shot is great

Luciano from argentina

Luciano your English Grammer is getting awesome, not a dig on you just a response to an appology you posted about your skills... Take care man :cheers: .

My buddy is married to a Brazilian and speaks fluent portuguese and when we get to drinking heavily he will start talking to me in portuguese on accident.

Edited by 06vlx

Luciano your English Grammer is getting awesome, not a dig on you just a response to an appology you posted about your skills... Take care man Cheers.gif .

My buddy is married to a Brazilian and speaks fluent portuguese and when we get to drinking heavily he will start talking to me in portuguese on accident.

thanks-

my syster allways tell me that my english is awfull. She start studing when she was 4 years old and now she is 29.

My answer is this: My english is good enougth to make business with USA and be Malibu, axis and company wake dealer for argentina.

Im not the best but I dont care.

Thanks

All the members of the crew are welcome in argentina for boarding. My boat is your boat. If you want to visit my country just email.

My new 2010 has 2 1/2 month and has 170 hours on the engine.

we ride a lot and really hard.

Edited by Luciano Chedrese

There are a many props that are can be deemed as high altitude. The ACME 1235 is very popular as it pulls hard due to the pitch (just like lower gearing in a car). Even people that are close to sea level use it as it makes the boat work better at surf speeds and the hole shot is better with heavy ballast loads. I am at 3500 ft and the 1235 actually helped fuel efficiency as the motor was not lugging as much due to altitude horsepower losses. We also have a 535 and 617 which are popular high altitude props that we use at different lakes. Didn't check the reference thread above but if it didn't say... the best thing to do is talk to ACME or OJ and tell them what you are doing for watersports, your boat specs and altitude and they will recommend a prop.

G

who is the Malibu crew Acme representative? Does someone have a name and contact I can call?

Thanks!!

who is the Malibu crew Acme representative? Does someone have a name and contact I can call?

Thanks!!

We don't have a Acme Crew Representative but call Bill Weeks at Acme is whom you want to speak w/.

Thanks!!

Not sure who the official rep is but I spoke to one of the sales engineer's Bill Weeks. He is very knowledgeable. Just tell him what boat, motor, location, what you use the boat for and he will give you a recommendation. I was very pleased with his recommendation.

bill weeks

ph. 1 888 661 2263

oops --- didn't realize someone already responded.

Edited by elc

Not sure who the official rep is but I spoke to one of the sales engineer's Bill Weeks. He is very knowledgeable. Just tell him what boat, motor, location, what you use the boat for and he will give you a recommendation. I was very pleased with his recommendation.

bill weeks

ph. 1 888 661 2263

oops --- didn't realize someone already responded.

You could also contact GARY from Delta propellers.

I agree with this statement. Eric at OJ was very nice and seemed very knowledgeable about inboard props. Without hesitation, he recommended an OJ 475 for my 23LSV w/ Monsoon 340. I'm very pleased w/ the prop. 13 people in the boat, full ballast and wedge last summer and the little small block had no problem pulling wakeboarders up. Try that w/ the stock ACME 537 and see what happens.

The one thing I found with 1235 is it is a big prop that moves alot!!! of water. When I water start on the surf board 15' behind the boat it creates a large enough low pressure zone that you can feel your butt get sucked down... kind of a weird feeling.. Doesn't happen with the other props. I call it our "tractor prop"

I'm really leaning towards the ACME 1273 to get the hole shot and maintain close to the top end for cruising across lake billy chinook in Oregon. (pretty big lake). Anyone want to buy the stock spare i have that has never seen water?? (brand new)

I'm really leaning towards the ACME 1273 to get the hole shot and maintain close to the top end for cruising across lake billy chinook in Oregon. (pretty big lake). Anyone want to buy the stock spare i have that has never seen water?? (brand new)

Also - I was a little concerned about the guy that said his prop was 1/8" from the trailer - thats crazy scary. I have the Extreme trailer - does anyone have the 1235 and have this problem? Bill at ACME had never heard of that happening.

Shokarl, I have seen pic's of people who put the 1235 or OJ 475 on when its sitting on the lift and when they pulled the boat out at the end of the season they hit the trailer prop guard. My advice is to buy the prop that is going to fit your needs best and install it while it's sitting on the trailer. If it's going to hit you have about two options.

1 take trailer down to a welding shop or trailer place and have them drop the bar down. Add rollers to the bottom of the trailer.

2 send back the prop (going with the GB deal, this is not a problem) exchange it for one that would fit your needs and not hit the trailer.

Disclaimer!!! prop must still be in new condition and not bent from hitting the trailer. :fingerwag:

Gary and Bill are both great people to talk with about what prop will fit your needs. :clap:

Also - I was a little concerned about the guy that said his prop was 1/8" from the trailer - thats crazy scary. I have the Extreme trailer - does anyone have the 1235 and have this problem? Bill at ACME had never heard of that happening.

I have a 08 23LSV on a boat mate trailer and have lots of clearance with the 1235. The 23 LSV sits much higher on the trailer than a VLX. I would expect the extreme to be the same as they have a standard track width so with the wider 23LSV they need to sit them higher on the trailer.... I have 3-4" of space.

Edited by G-Mack

Just ordered the ACME 1273, should be here next week. The unfortunate part is, i won't be able to test out until Memorial Day weekend, as that's our first chance out. I've seen tons on the forums about it - but have not seen any feedback on how it actually works? Reports are that near hole shot of 1235? but without much loss in top end - maybe a couple miles/hr lost?