Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2001 wakesetter

seekinasylum

Hey im new to this site and i just looked at a 2001 wakesetter 21ft vdrive today w 170 hrs it has ballast in middle, tower, sub and amp, double axle trailer, he is askin 27000 got it down to 24k does this seem like a good price i thought it was , the boat is real clean one scratch thats gettin buffed out, and one seat has a tear, the rest look great, this is my first inboard so dont know alot about them but most people i have talked to said go malibu,

Hey im new to this site and i just looked at a 2001 wakesetter 21ft vdrive today w 170 hrs it has ballast in middle, tower, sub and amp, double axle trailer, he is askin 27000 got it down to 24k does this seem like a good price i thought it was , the boat is real clean one scratch thats gettin buffed out, and one seat has a tear, the rest look great, this is my first inboard so dont know alot about them but most people i have talked to said go malibu,

sounds like a good price to me,I loved ours it was my first inboard as well.Go buy it and post some pics. :thumbup:

Well get it on the water and test it first but yeah great boat.

Edited by apwrx

I can't help you out on the price but in my opinion those people know what they are talking about :)

went with a malibu for our second inboard - love it - should've bought it from the beginning - you won't be disappointed - that is hardly any hours for the year... we'll put that on our boat in a single year... good luck

The boat doesnt have a wedge, i have heard good and bad about them, all we do is wakeboard but we have never been on a boat w a wedge, do you think its worth installing for wake boarding or just stick w fat sacs, im going this next sat to drive the boat and hopefully take it home, thanx for the replies

The boat doesnt have a wedge, i have heard good and bad about them, all we do is wakeboard but we have never been on a boat w a wedge, do you think its worth installing for wake boarding or just stick w fat sacs, im going this next sat to drive the boat and hopefully take it home, thanx for the replies

Yes, and do it now while you are on a roll. I am not positive, but I think you can retro to a new version floating wedge which is better than the older manual fixed wedge. A power wedge, if it can be fitted, lets you tweak the peak of the wake to your liking.

Live with it as is for the first year and add it later if you think you need to,Ours didnt have a wedge just sacs in the back lockers.Plenty of wake for boarding and surfing and you dont have to get out of your seat to fill or empty the bags.The manual wedge is a bit lame imo.