Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Family Boat Trip Ideas

Clutch-n-Throttle

What Up 'Bu Crew?! Gettn ready for the summer.

I would like some ideas to make our annual boat trip a little more exciting. We have an annual boat trip to Lake Havasu( that is, the guys from my office). It is a family affair and we are out there for a week in the summer. There are approximately 10 boats, 6 PWCs and about 15 families. We have been doing this trip every year since 2002. Unfortunately, we end up doing the same thing every year. Motor up the river thru Topock and come back down. A couple of stops at some coves and the famous sand bar.

This year I would like to introduce some new activities to liven up the boat trip. I thought about a poker run but I think it will be too much logistic wise for one boat/family.

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated. Remember, I need to keep this family friendly. Poll dancing is not an option. 

i posted this on my iPhone so forgive if i screwed up some speln and vocab

How about some geocaching. You would have to head up river before hand to place them but it is a fun family time.

We've done that. Every lake has some cache's around it. A good way to spend an afternoon. Many times there are some that are only water accessible too. Go to GeoCaching.com and check them out ahead of time.

What Up 'Bu Crew?! Gettn ready for the summer.

I would like some ideas to make our annual boat trip a little more exciting. We have an annual boat trip to Lake Havasu( that is, the guys from my office). It is a family affair and we are out there for a week in the summer. There are approximately 10 boats, 6 PWCs and about 15 families. We have been doing this trip every year since 2002. Unfortunately, we end up doing the same thing every year. Motor up the river thru Topock and come back down. A couple of stops at some coves and the famous sand bar.

This year I would like to introduce some new activities to liven up the boat trip. I thought about a poker run but I think it will be too much logistic wise for one boat/family.

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated. Remember, I need to keep this family friendly. Poll dancing is not an option. 

i posted this on my iPhone so forgive if i screwed up some speln and vocab

We are also experiencing the same thing. we always go to Havasu several times a year for weeks on end. Last year we rented a house for the whole summer. This year we would like to experience some different lakes and area's. We are going to Norcal WOW, Naci, Mohave and Mead as well as Havasu. If you would like some additional company and another Bu when you guys go let us know.

We are also experiencing the same thing. we always go to Havasu several times a year for weeks on end. Last year we rented a house for the whole summer. This year we would like to experience some different lakes and area's. We are going to Norcal WOW, Naci, Mohave and Mead as well as Havasu. If you would like some additional company and another Bu when you guys go let us know.

We will be there the from Jun 27 thru Jul 1

Ever thought of switching up the trip entirely? We went to Lake Powell last year and it was the best boat trip I have ever been on. Incredible lake. Heres a vid I put together of our trip:

Great vid, wish I had the patience to make vids from our trips.

Its really easy to do. The software nowadays is very user friendly. Hardest part is actually videotaping stuff when you are out on a trip!

• 2 months later...

If you were up for traveling a bit further, my place is in Texas. www.wakeboardingvacations.com

Huge house on the water with a boat ramp and 20 boat slips on site with a 1/2 acre private island! We're on Lake LBJ 60 miles NW of Austin Texas.