Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

we have ice out !

foiler1

Ours went on Saturday with the big wind ... it's always fun to watch the eb(b) and flow of the ice breaking up ... it went fast.

Our ice went on Saturday as well. As we speak I am looking at a flat glass lake with sun and not a cloud in the sky, unfortunately it is only 33 degrees. Still going to be a while before the Bu goes in. We have to get the home addition out of the way first (i.e no garage).

Ours is yet another ice-free lake in Michigan! Taking a vacation day on Friday, heading to the lake Thurday nite to put the lift in and knock out the laundry list on the boat. I'm determined to be the first one in this year, hopefully a session will occur on Saturday or Sunday morning. Woo-Hoo!!!!Yahoo.gif

Ours is yet another ice-free lake in Michigan! Taking a vacation day on Friday, heading to the lake Thurday nite to put the lift in and knock out the laundry list on the boat. I'm determined to be the first one in this year, hopefully a session will occur on Saturday or Sunday morning. Woo-Hoo!!!!Yahoo.gif

Good luck!

Most of our ice is gone, but there is enough out there that I won't be going. Mid 50s and even 60s this week, but 30s ON THE WEEKEND. :cry:

I've got a few projects on the boat anyway, and no wetsuit/drysuit. April on the water, May in the water it is...

MalibuNation

269-657-2151 :biggrin:

Looks sunny all week ... then rain starting Fri night through the w/e ... with maybe the S word :lightning:

Looks sunny all week ... then rain starting Fri night through the w/e ... with maybe the S word Lightning.gif

Cry.gifCry.gifCry.gifCry.gifCry.gifCry.gif

You're right, I just checked it. That's the end of that. No way I'll have everything ready by Friday night.

Three weeks in the new house, and already my 11 year old is complaining about leaving the new neighborhood. "Do we HAVE to go to the lake? Can't we stay here?" I guess that's a great thing, the whole family has acclimated very well. I see lots of their new buddies tagging along this summer.

Has your puddle fulled up? (Folsom)

It's only our winter riding spot, but it's full enough that they lifted the 5mph restriction. It won't be full probably until 2020 when they finish the levee/dam work...but what's new the mismanagement of our water.Sad.gif

MalibuNation

Cry.gifCry.gifCry.gifCry.gifCry.gifCry.gif

You're right, I just checked it. That's the end of that. No way I'll have everything ready by Friday night.

Three weeks in the new house, and already my 11 year old is complaining about leaving the new neighborhood. "Do we HAVE to go to the lake? Can't we stay here?" I guess that's a great thing, the whole family has acclimated very well. I see lots of their new buddies tagging along this summer.

I've got Wed and Fri off, I'll get the boat done for you :biggrin:

Crazy about what your kid said ... are you sure s/he is yours :whistle:

Edited by MalibuNation

Sunday 3/11 Mrs. CT went out with the boys (I had a work thing and couldn't go). They never thought about ice and tried two lakes until finally ending up at the CT River.

2010-049.jpg

She had gone downhill skiing the Saturday before (just noticed she took a picture of the wrong lift ticket). I was up north snowmobiling that Saturday.

P3071636.JPG

Mrs. CT on the Sky Ski - Sunday March 11th. She noted the february was the only month she hasn't Sky Skied in New England!

Sky_Ski_March_7th.JPG

Heck, might as well throw in a couple snowmobiling pictures from that weekend too:

P3051532.JPG

P3051549.JPG

P3056906.JPG

Well we are ice free but we have about 4 extra feet of water in the lake right now. No way to get the dock or the boat in for several weeks at least.

Just came home from north Friday. The last of the ice went Friday evening. :yahoo:

So I got up this morning and its snowing. :(

It is going to get nice again tomorrow so I will look at a quick fix on one of my dock sections.

I am thinking of dropping the docks and lift this week.

This is Mich so I don't think I will put the boat on the lift yet but then it may get a ski run if we don't have to much junk floating. This is the earliest I have seen ice out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ice cleared on our lake yesterday too! :yahoo: Unfortunately, I didn't get home from work until about 9pm last night, so I couldn't enjoy it. :badmood: Even worse, after a solid week in the 60's, today it is only low 30's with flurries. :(

I'll be putting the boat on the lift ASAP, though. Will have to deal with possible snow/freezing for another month or so, but summer is just too short to wait. :rockon: