Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Checked out the new Nautique 200 today.

Sixball

We went to the Novi Mi. boat show today. Looked over the Nautique 200. The out side looks good but the inside looks bad. :vomit: It looks CHEEP! Our Bu's look and have class.

No MC's at the show. Well one on a boat lift display but no MC dealers.

Go Malibu.

I gave it a good look at the Detroit boat show. Comparing it to my 2009 RLXI

The Good:

- Low dash for good driver visibility (my wife is really short and always has the seat bolster flipped up)

- The "side saddle" storage was acutally surprisingly big

- I liked how the walk through seat for the open bow model not only folded down but also "locked" in place.

- Controls were in an interesting spot so you could keep one hand on the wheel and use the other for throttle and PP

The Bad:

- The "wood" on the step surfaces didn't look that durable (the rubber alternative wasn't that attractive)

- Windshield looks dated and a little cheap for such an expensive boat

- Very low freeboard

- Spotter seat storage was really small

- "Side saddle" storage lids seemed a little flimsy when open. I could see falling and breaking one if you were trying to put gear away if you got hit by an unexpected wave

- With the interesting controls location and lower dash, it put the guages in a bad spot. No longer a quick glance straight down to check speed or RPM if you are driving manually (which we do a lot when teaching new skiers)

- Interior is very "business oriented". Padding was sufficeint and the material looked durable but wasn't as comfortable/luxurious as Malibu. The red looked good in the pictures but looks faded in person. As my wife put it, "it's almost pink".

I'll probably get strung up for this comment, but I think Malibu, Mastercraft and Nautique ski well. They just have some small differences and it's a matter of personal preference which you like the best. The SN200 is nicer than the 196, but it's not going to make me give up my Malibu.

We went to the Novi Mi. boat show today. Looked over the Nautique 200. The out side looks good but the inside looks bad. :vomit: It looks CHEEP! Our Bu's look and have class.

No MC's at the show. Well one on a boat lift display but no MC dealers.

Go Malibu.

MC was at the show! They were straight back from the one on the lift. They had about 5 boats there including the X2, 214, 197 and a couple others. They were next to the bouncy gym. I know because I took the neighbor kid and we spent a LOT of time back there. I have to say I fell in love with the Nautique 216V (or is it a 214V?). MC was not at the show downtown.