Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boat loan/hire

tom.australia7

Just wondering whether anyone might be interested in lending out a boat to me in Australia for a year as my family cannot afford a boat. I go skiing with the cousins up at the river only a few times a year and I have created a massive love for the sport over the last 5 years of skiing.I am desperately wanting to be a superstar one day alongside all my heroes. I will do anything in return whether it be promoting your business or anything you suggest. Please help me!!

Edited by tom.australia7

Yeah I am thinking you will have a hard time getting someone to lend you a boat. My suggestion would be to find a cheaper boat. You sound young so you may be light enough to ski behind almost anything. For example, I've skied behind a 40 horse outboard from time to time at a buddies place. You can pick up an old one of those for under a thousand bucks if you get lucky. If you are old enough perhaps pick up a part time job for after school and put your $$ towards a boat next season. It is amazing what you can do if you work hard.

Just wondering whether anyone might be interested in lending out a boat to me in Australia for a year as my family cannot afford a boat. I go skiing with the cousins up at the river only a few times a year and I have created a massive love for the sport over the last 5 years of skiing.I am desperately wanting to be a superstar one day alongside all my heroes. I will do anything in return whether it be promoting your business or anything you suggest. Please help me!!

It's not April 1st yet but this has to be a joke. Right?

maybe someone will respond, but I would also suggest looking at buying a cheap older used boat that will get you out on the water and allow you to learn how to care for a boat.

The other thing that I might suggest would be to find a local ski club or maybe a ski lake that you could join. If you're willing to float the boat owners some gas money, I haven't met too many people that wouldn't welcome you to their crew. Just a thought.

I think that you're going to find it difficult to find someone that would hire their boat out, let alone loan it.

You've posted on here before looking for someone to sponsor you, right?

Do you have any inboard dealers nearby? I'm not sure on your age or employment status, but maybe you could pick up a job there as a lot attendant, pro shop worker, etc. Maybe working hand-in-hand with a dealer might get you some water time as a perk of the job :dontknow:

I hope you find a way to get out on the water, but getting someone to lend you their 'bu seems like a pretty tall order.

Edited by RedOwl

Wal*Mart sells a radio controlled Wakesetter for around $20. You might be able to get behind that.

Booooo!! :biggrin: We're being to rough, the guy just wants to get on the water! I know what it's like to want to get out there but no way of doing it, that sux! OP, I think Wakegirl offered great advice, we have a local skiclub guy trying to recruit skiers and wakeboarders to come see what they're all about. Find one in your area and give them a call.

I know a couple times at local lakes there have been younger people standing around by the dock with their board/ski in their hands and a $5 dollar bill. They've asked if I need a third or if I'd give'em a pull. Couple times I've done it, couple times I haven't, just depends on what my plans are that day. But, I do know that the boating community is generally a very gracious one and if you are as motivated and enthusiastic as you say, there are people that will be willing to help you out. However, no one is interested in someone that wants something for nothing... Be friendly, energetic and willing to work for it and people will be down to help you out! As a side note, I never ended up taking their $5 bucks, I was happy to spread the enjoyment of the water to someone that wasn't fortunate enough to have their own boat... the ones I didn't give a pull to were ones that approached me with attitude, so remember to be friendly and polite!

When I was a young kid stationed at Camp Lejuene, NC I was so desperate for a ski that I begged pulls off of a couple of fishermen in the bay with their 35hp Johnson fishing skiff... It was weak and in salt water, but none-the-less, I was out there skiing!

If you are serious, get out there and make it happen!

I'm not sure how old you are but you seem young. If you are old enough to work you might want to get a job at a malibu dealer. I would think there would be skiing opportunity perks with a job like that.

Why are you asking to borrow a boat if your profile says you have an 08 Response LXI?

Dontknow.gif

you can borrow mine, just let me borrow 55K when you come pick her up. Oh yea, and when your done with your set just keep her as a good token. haha