Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Annual Boating Music?

Boomer

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LouDoc

• jetskipro550

• brazosvet

• Boomer

Man, now you're talking... World Wide Live, I must have worn out that video tape back in the late 80's, lol. Damn those dudes rocked.

Eye of the Tiger... that's what we play sometimes when my son is about to go for a big BMX win... :)

That and The Final Countdown by Europe...

This years selection

Jack Johnson

Audioslave

Chili peppers

Alice in chains

Sublime

Puddle of Mudd- last yrs but still great

Collective soul - greatest hits

Marley

Green Day

Kenny Chesney

& various rap

It Really sucks that Summer is gone Cry.gif

This years selection

Jack Johnson

Audioslave

Chili peppers

Alice in chains

Sublime

Puddle of Mudd- last yrs but still great

Collective soul - greatest hits

Marley

Green Day

Kenny Chesney

& various rap 

It Really sucks that Summer is gone Cry.gif

Hijack..sorry

Jeremy - We get a last shot of summer this weekend. It may hit 80 tomorrow. I'm planning on going to Long Lake or Medicine Lake tomorrow afternoon. Join me.

Rob

at shasta a few years ago there was a slalom-er with us early in the morning blasting frankie...all we heard from .5 mile away was "fly me to the moon, let me play amongst the stars..."

when i am w/o my dad i put on hiphop, but when he's there he chooses music...ac/dc Rockon.gif , zz top, bon jovi Vomit.gif

Edited by madchild
What Shania Twain song is it? I kinda like her, just a little... ;)

Drool.gif

The Shania tune from the Malibu DVD is called "It's Alright" from The Complete Limelight Sessions - a bit from mainstream Shania. In fact, I listened to that DVD over and over and didn't realize it was her singing that song. You can find the song on iTunes listed as "It's Alright (Edited Club Mix)"

Man, now you're talking... World Wide Live, I must have worn out that video tape back in the late 80's, lol. Damn those dudes rocked.

Eye of the Tiger... that's what we play sometimes when my son is about to go for a big BMX win... :)

That and The Final Countdown by Europe...

I didn't realize The Final Countdown was the name of that tune- (another $.99 for Apple)!

Some tunes off my wakeboard list:

Hoobastank - Running Away, Same Direction, Out of Control, Let It Out

P.O.D. - Alive

Good Charlotte - I just wanna live

Grits - Ooh Ahh (my warmup tune), They All Fall Down (a true wakeboarding anthem)

Pilfers - Climbing (Sean Murray's segment on one of the older DVD's)

Sum 41 -Pieces

Matt Kearney - Undeniable, Girl America, Poor Boy, Bullet

Ozomatli- Love and Hope (takes me instantly to Lake Norris!)

Evanescence - Bring Me to Life (older, but still my no-fail fear breaking tune)

Anyone else have a special tune that shuts-up that voice in your head telling you not to go for it?

The main ones from this summer - such that whenever I hear or think of the song it brings to mind the boat and wakeboarding:

Grits - Ooh Aah

O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei

The Theme from Mission Impossible

David Crowder Band - No One Like You

There are more, but those are the main ones from this summer.

The main ones from this summer - such that whenever I hear or think of the song it brings to mind the boat and wakeboarding:

Grits - Ooh Aah

Obski, from your selections it sounds like you need to check out Matt Kearney!

Grits - Ooh Aah

Obski, from your selections it sounds like you need to check out Matt Kearney!

Never heard of him. I'll have to check it out.

My son turned me on to a group I hadn't heard of before called Mae. We started playing that some towards the end of the summer. I like it.

Another artist we listen to and I like is one that it is unlikely anyone has heard of. Alec Smith, a college friend of my son, recorded some original songs and made some CDs. Good stuff.

Mat Kearney is AWSOME!!! I LOVE his music!!!! That guy Rockon.gif My old Young Life leader used to be his leader and I remeber hearing demo CD's of his years ago before he hit it big. His mom is a pastor at a local church down here in Eugene and last year I got the privlage to hear her speak to a group of us at at a YL meeting and I got to hear all about Mat growing up. It was pretty cool!

Obski and LouDoc you guys would both like John Reuben if you like Mat Kearney and Grits. John Reuben does a lot of work with Toby Mac who is also featured on the song Oh Ahh by Grits. Just FYI...I suggest Nuisance...its really good!

My son turned me on to a group I hadn't heard of before called Mae.  We started playing that some towards the end of the summer.  I like it.

Another artist we listen to and I like is one that it is unlikely anyone has heard of.  Alec Smith, a college friend of my son, recorded some original songs and made some CDs.  Good stuff.

Obski and LouDoc you guys would both like John Reuben if you like Mat Kearney and Grits. John Reuben does a lot of work with Toby Mac who is also featured on the song Oh Ahh by Grits. Just FYI...I suggest Nuisance...its really good!

Thanks for the suggestions. I found both Mae and John Rueben on iTunes, but nothing from Alex Smith.

My son turned me on to a group I hadn't heard of before called Mae.  We started playing that some towards the end of the summer.  I like it.

Another artist we listen to and I like is one that it is unlikely anyone has heard of.  Alec Smith, a college friend of my son, recorded some original songs and made some CDs.  Good stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions. I found both Mae and John Rueben on iTunes, but nothing from Alex Smith.

You're not going to find Alec Smith anywhere. There is an album available for download somewhere on the web. I'll see if I can locate it although I don't think it is as good as his first.

Another artist I have been listening to is from Oregon named Shaun McDonald. Like his stuff too, although we haven't had it out in the boat yet.

Don Henley, "Boys Of Summer", this time of year really takes me to water, and makes me sad that the season is nearing it's end and soon I will have to put the boat away for winter. :(

Someone check out this link and let me know what song is in this video. I've been trying to find it. I might get the nerve to try an invert if this was playing!My Webpage

Changed the link so that it would be easier to access.

Edited by brazosvet

For cruisin' it's Zeppelin or some Bad Company, for boarding AC/DC especially Back in Black and we also like Skynard. When the kids are really good we let them listen to some Fall Out Boy, POD etc. when we cruise, and they get their own selection when they're boarding Help.gif The youngest likes to board to Without Me by Eminem...go figure. The older likes Born to Be Wild by Steppinwolf and that's even wierder than the youngers choice! Crazy.gif

Someone check out this link and let me know what song is in this video.  I've been trying to find it.  I might get the nerve to try an invert if this was playing!My Webpage

Changed the link so that it would be easier to access.

That's a great tune - and no doubt would be a fear breaker. I haven't a clue on the group - but sure would like to know. Anyone?

That video is awsome! It's amazing that you see so little movement in his body when he's initiating a jump that's obviously getting some huge air.