Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dock Bumpers

My family purchased a new 2009 Wakesetter VLX at the end of last year. I obviously want to keep the gel coat in the best condition possible. What type of bumpers/padding would you suggest I use for the edge of my pier? The entire thing is about 35 feet long or so. I want a good piece of it bumpered so that I can park the boat up next to it for short-term docking. (and don't worry, the slanted post is fixed :) ). I would prefer to buy from overtons.com

Thanks in advance,

Connor

2aakpxz.jpg

The bigger the better. :rockon:

In SoCal I see a lot of people using Hoppity Hops, the kids bouncy toys, as dock bumpers. Their huge & cheap. So they put up a lot of them.

Hey Bill, maybe he should LineX the dock first then line it with lots of Hoppity Hops, or multi layers of Buttrax. :tease2:

Hey Bill, maybe he should LineX the dock first then line it with lots of Hoppity Hops, or multi layers of Buttrax. :tease2:

Hehehe, gettin kinda ghetto, huh. Next thing ya know I'll dump my LE38 & get an Air Hawg! :crazy:

I have 2 of those big boat bumpers that are like 24" long x 10" in diameter. Their like $100 each, but great for tieing off to the raft on a blown out Saturday.

Then I have 2 of those hoppity hops that I keep in the boat deflated so they don't take up a lot of room. And a pump. If I'm tied up & the next guy on the other side comes over without some damn good bumpers, I pull those babies out. Their like 24" in diameter pumped up. Most people laugh till they get it. :rofl:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Thanks for the ideas. But the wooden ski is an old cypress garden ski and I forget the name of the green one. I believe it is o'brien brand though.

Thanks for the ideas. But the wooden ski is an old cypress garden ski and I forget the name of the green one. I believe it is o'brien brand though.

Obrien, yes. Mid-late 80's era. Can't remember the model, either. My cousin used to have one. He would strap it to the side of his motorcycle for the one hour drive to the cottage. Green side out, of course. We used to call it the green banana.

Dock bumpers--we use the cheap white soft ones (air filled) with mounting holes top and bottom and no ribs down the sides. They can be mounted horizontal or vertical and will contour around dock posts and such. The four that we currently have are about 15 years old and have been remounted about six times for different boat/dock combinations. They are not round, more like tubes with the ends pinched together and oval. Unbreakable.

Edited by jk13