Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Summer is two and a half miles away!!!!

Sixball

Our lake is opening up. We have open water 2&1/2 miles north!!!!

All the snow is off and I see dark Ice all around the lake

Is this a :Tease3: or are we in for the earlies season I have seen! :footing:

Also see Robins today and the Bald Eagles are flying up and down the lake. :biggrin:

Good Deal...bald eagles are a better sight than trucks driving up your lake. I've been predicting the earliest ice out ever here, as there was little to no snow cover to insulate the ice this year. The largest lake in NH has only recorded two March ice outs in the last 100 years...and I think they were the 29th and 30th. Ice has already receeded from shorelines, and turning dark, presumably will be out w/ in week. We certainly are overdue for a nice spring.

I've been checking the lake webcams from my office, more frequently than this website.Biggrin.gif

Edited by davemac

It's definitely the earliest spring we've had here in years. The lake was thawed out by the end of Jan. We rode for the first time by the end of Feb. And now the grass is turning green & things are starting to bud & grow again!

It's great now, but I'm sure we'll pay later in the year. :crazy:

MalibuNation

Feeling balmy out for the fist time yesterday, 63 here today ... I'm on the north side of the lake and it's thawed 5 feet out.

The nice thing about the forcast is it's going to continue to be above avg :yahoo:

As a former Michigan resident you are making me feel good about living in Oklahoma. mid 60s next week so I will get to here my sunsetter run for the first time. Dont get me wrong I love MI (for about 4 months of the year).

As a former Michigan resident you are making me feel good about living in Oklahoma. mid 60s next week so I will get to here my sunsetter run for the first time. Dont get me wrong I love MI (for about 4 months of the year).

I'd rather live in Oklahoma versus Michigan, I have a friend that lives in Grove OK and it's a great little town. He's got a lake front home and it's all paid off. I wish I would have done the same :whistle:

Grand lake at Grove is the oldest and most developed lake in Oklahoma but can get crowded with huge cruzers and converters (a converter is a big loud boat that converts gas to noise). I go to Keystone lake outside of Tulsa and have never failed to find smooth water even on memorial day weekend.

Grand lake at Grove is the oldest and most developed lake in Oklahoma but can get crowded with huge cruzers and converters (a converter is a big loud boat that converts gas to noise). I go to Keystone lake outside of Tulsa and have never failed to find smooth water even on memorial day weekend.

I'm sure you know what your talking about, all I know is that when I was there for a week we got up at 6am, water was warm and we would ski until we couldn't go anymore. At that time the water was glass, but yes it did get crowded. But yes, we are getting closer to that time of the year again :yahoo:

We should be free of ice by the end of the weekend. Sooner if we get a little wind. There is a lot of open water but it has been very calm which slows down the disappearance of ice.

We should be free of ice by the end of the weekend. Sooner if we get a little wind. There is a lot of open water but it has been very calm which slows down the disappearance of ice.

This is about the only time I ever wish for wind...sounds like we'll be getting it this weekend.

MichiganBoarder, do you still have your boat in your heated garage ... have dry suit, will travel Biggrin.gif

Sure do! But...the driver's seat is out (installing the 2" risers)...the engine cover is off (ordering the insulation kit today)...the cap & rotor are off (ordering today). My plan is get parts here, then spend the weekend of the 19-21 at the lake putting her together, maybe the ice will be gone by then! Ours is always the last to freeze, and the last to thaw.

I guess we are lucky that we can go in the river year round, although we usually call it a season at the end of November or the beginning of December. We then usually start up again the end of February (like this year) or the beginning of March. One of my friends has vowed that she will ski every month this year. So far she went on New Years Day and again at the end of February, so she is on track at this point. It would be rough to have to deal with ice on the waterway. On the other hand, we have to deal with debris and who knows what else is floating down the Willamette.

MalibuNation

Sure do! But...the driver's seat is out (installing the 2" risers)...the engine cover is off (ordering the insulation kit today)...the cap & rotor are off (ordering today). My plan is get parts here, then spend the weekend of the 19-21 at the lake putting her together, maybe the ice will be gone by then! Ours is always the last to freeze, and the last to thaw.

Let me know if you need any help with the boat ... including driving :-)

Just got back home lat today and the lake is nearly open. I can see open water from my front room.

I am going back out of town tomorrow but will be back by the weekend and I am betting the lake will be open.

As soon as I get home I will get going on the boat and see if I can get some early skiing in.

April 1 is my earliest start up till now.

I will be calling home for daily updates every day. this is so good. :yahoo: