Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Do I have a Billett Dash?

Mino

I am looking to upgrade the PerfectPass guage in my 2005 RLXI. PerfectPass is asking whether my dash is billett or non-billett. Have to admit that I have no idea what the difference is. What defines the dash as billett? Anyone have a picture of one?

Thanks

I am looking to upgrade the PerfectPass guage in my 2005 RLXI. PerfectPass is asking whether my dash is billett or non-billett. Have to admit that I have no idea what the difference is. What defines the dash as billett? Anyone have a picture of one?

Thanks

Is it some kind of vinyl or is it chrome? Billet is a type of aluminum chrome.

The 2005 Brochure may help, rlxi on page 27.

Edited by Ndawg12

Nate is right. Does your dash look like the one on page 9 of that manual or page 11?

Mine looks like what is on page 11 of the manual.

Mine looks like what is on page 11 of the manual.

Then you do not have a billet dash, don't worry you're not missing out on anything, myself and many others had to have them replaced because of pitting and/or corrosion.

If you are upgrading you might want to check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120515881052&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

4 hours left.

Ndawg. Do you know if he can use the bezel from his old gauge? That one on ebay says it does not have the bezel.

Thanks

I just reread that and now am laughing. When they hung up with you I'll bet the jokes started flying. "Hey Bob, got a guy that's gonna "call me back" when he finds out what type dash he has... :tease2:. He's prolly asking those guys on the malibu crew website..." :boat::dontknow::unsure:

Edited by areamike

Off topic: Why would they show the wake skater on page 9 jumping off a dock while advertising 1250lbs ballast? The boat is just taking off.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Off topic: Why would they show the wake skater on page 9 jumping off a dock while advertising 1250lbs ballast? The boat is just taking off.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

FAKE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120515881052&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

4 hours left.

Ndawg. Do you know if he can use the bezel from his old gauge? That one on ebay says it does not have the bezel.

I just reread that and now am laughing. When they hung up with you I'll bet the jokes started flying. "Hey Bob, got a guy that's gonna "call me back" when he finds out what type dash he has... :tease2:. He's prolly asking those guys on the malibu crew website..." :boat::dontknow::unsure:

No idea, I just know that there's a shiny plate around all my gauges and if I hit a few buttons and hold my tongue right my boat will maintain speed :crazy:

4 hours left.

Areamike,

I did look at the one for sale on ebay. Problem is that it does not have the chrome bezel and it is a wakeboard pro version vs. the digital pro version that I have. Just not sure I want one gage with Chrome and one without.

Areamike,

I did look at the one for sale on ebay. Problem is that it does not have the chrome bezel and it is a wakeboard pro version vs. the digital pro version that I have. Just not sure I want one gage with Chrome and one without.

The 6.5 NG chip(software upgrade) does not determine WakeBoard pro or Digital Pro. Your master module does. You could use that one from ebay. The only thing is you won't have the manual for the Digital pro, but you can get that in a PDF from Perfect Pass website and print it out.

What I was saying about the chrome bezel, was that I think you could use the one from your current PP Gauge with the one on ebay. If you buy through PP, you'll end up paying about 300+ when all said and done. In the end, if you have any doubts get it all through Perfect Pass, they are a great company.

I was just thinking if you can use the chrome bezel from your old gauge with the one from ebay and save 100 bucks, it might be worth it. Heck you might even get the guy on ebay to take a lower offer.