Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PP to Zero Off

Mark Chilcutt

Has anyone made the change from PP to Zero Off on a 2006 LXI or other that required a new ECM? My boat is DBW but would need a new ECM plus all the Zero off equipment. Wondering if anyone has done it, what the cost was and did they do the work themselves?

MC

Mark there has been a pretty good discussion of that topic on the Ball of Spray forum (www.ballofspray.com) if you hadn't seen that.

If I recall what I've read on the subject I don't think it's possible on your '06 but I'm no expert. Even the newer Nautiques etc they've been converting have been fairly expensive to do (cheaper than a new boat though) if it's doable at all.

Ed

Edited by ed obermeier

I don't recall reading of anyone here who has done this upgrade. Based on what I've read on BOS, it seems like it would be very pricey (several thou $$).

Relatedly, am I mistaken, or was I told at the boatshow that Malibu has now gone away from DBW? Not sure how this effects ZO, but it is still an available option.

Should be possible on any Throttle By Wire boat. It will definately cost a lot. And also I have heard that Zero Off is not as good when it comes to customer service. From what I have heard they are more worried about selling to companies rather than individuals.

I think Shift by Wire is no long, Throttle by wire remains.