Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

have I reached a new level of insanity?

board brained

was out boarding this weekend, it was about 48 degrees in the water and out...but man sunny ski and flat water......had a great time

anyway the temp in vancouver dropped today significantly but it was sunny late afternoon so out I went again (had to) ....water was 48 air was about 39 and dropping. anyway get back home washing the boat off prior to putting it in the garage, by the time I had climbed in the bow to dry the cushions they we frozen, the water froze that quick?

Anyone think I need help, a sane person would not have gone out? This never happened before I owned the BU......... :crazy:

what will I be like once it warms up?

If you are, then welcome to the club. We rode on Christmas Eve day. Water temp was 34, air temp was 28.

And that is not the coldest weather we ever rode either.

Sometimes you just gotta say...... WTF.

If you are, then welcome to the club. We rode on Christmas Eve day. Water temp was 34, air temp was 28.

And that is not the coldest weather we ever rode either.

Sometimes you just gotta say...... WTF.

the best I can find re an icon is :rockon: I wanted to find one which was bowing saying "we are not worthy".......

the best I can find re an icon is :rockon: I wanted to find one which was bowing saying "we are not worthy".......

Just wait till you see the pics of the guys in the midwest who break ice to do their winter polar bear runs.

Definitely get yourself a dry suit & extend your season weeks or months longer.

My coldest ride was water 40, air 32, and snowing. I took a 20 minute set in a drysuit and sweats. I was grateful to be riding and not the least bit cold. If you have the right gear and the right attitude there is no off season

My coldest ride was water 40, air 32, and snowing. I took a 20 minute set in a drysuit and sweats. I was grateful to be riding and not the least bit cold. If you have the right gear and the right attitude there is no off season

I gotta get the right gear, I'm dien' here.

Awesome! I've been staring at the water in Indian arm and definately thinking i needed to be out there. Still hanging on to the snowboard season and The biking season never really ended so I've been keeping busy.... however the longing to be on the water never really goes away.

Seems like there's a few crew members who frequent the waters around Deep Cove, we should try and arrange a meet up of sorts......

Or even a collections of people who would be keen to join up and ride if there is need for spotters/ballast/gas $$.......

No the real insanity is when people put their boats away for months on end….:crazy:

Then,

I must be completely, totally, out of my mind. :crazy:

Bill,

By the time you see my boat at Wow, it will have sat still, in my driveway since July. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Geese, that'll be 11 months. I think that's a new record for me.

Right after wow, I'll have to winterize it.

Bill,

By the time you see my boat at Wow, it will have sat still, in my driveway since July. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Geese, that'll be 11 months. I think that's a new record for me.

Right after wow, I'll have to winterize it.

Pete, thats just WRONG! We're gonna have to fix your priorities.

The Vride ended up with just over 100 hrs on it last year. And we didn't even use it in August or September.....we were out on 3 different trips using other Malibus! This year the Vride already has like 6 hrs on it!

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Pete, thats just WRONG! We're gonna have to fix your priorities.

The Vride ended up with just over 100 hrs on it last year. And we didn't even use it in August or September.....we were out on 3 different trips using other Malibus! This year the Vride already has like 6 hrs on it!

I am up to 15 hours this year....... And loving it.... Now it is a new boat so part of his is my need to "break it in"

Or even a collections of people who would be keen to join up and ride if there is need for spotters/ballast/gas $$.......

Yep let's start pm'ing and get the season rolling........

I'm up in Port Moody right now on the tug boat and it is glass, the sun's come out and I wish I was out playing and not working. Still think I'd be staying out of the water though as Its chilly and I'm still bundled up. Still I can feel it coming, another week or so and I won't be able to wait any longer......

I need a full wet suit or a dry suit. I am getting jellious hearing you guys getting to go out right now.

Is that what happens when you eat too many jelly donuts during the winter? :lol:

If you have the right gear and the right attitude there is no off season

Unless of course, you're water turns solid. :shocked::(

Oh look at that...the wind is dying down just in time to get some sets in before wrestling practice. :yahoo: C-Ya. :biggrin:

Is that what happens when you eat too many jelly donuts during the winter? :lol:

Unless of course, you're water turns solid. :shocked::(

Oh look at that...the wind is dying down just in time to get some sets in before wrestling practice. :yahoo: C-Ya. :biggrin:

Brutal!!!