Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seafoaming crankcase

So I've done the Seafoam treatment on a few vehicles by letting the engine ingest the fluid via the brake booster vacuum line. It seems to work pretty well for cleaning up the carbon deposits that build in an engine over time. Question is, is there some sort of vacuum source I could use to do this to the Monsoon? It's been running a little rough lately, and just running Sea Foam in the gas doesn't seem to help.

UW, why not just dump it (a little at a time) right right into the throttle? It's exactly the same as installing it through a vacuum line.

Nate, not the case for you since your throttle is mounted sideways. UW's is horizontal.

UW, why not just dump it (a little at a time) right right into the throttle? It's exactly the same as installing it through a vacuum line.

Nate, not the case for you since your throttle is mounted sideways. UW's is horizontal.

Nate, small funnel with an a small inside diameter tube attached. Just watch for drips and spills, have something set up to catch the inevatable spill.

REW

You late model engine guys should have a vac. line going to the fuel pressure regulator that you could use.

Something that looks like the pic. I attached? Please note, disconnecting this vac. line will cause the fuel system to go to full pressure. Do not leave this line disconnected for more than 1 min.

post-29-126810420775_thumb.jpg

I've heard you should change your plugs immediately after you run it and the exhaust clears since alot of carbon will stick to or burn on the plugs electrode. What's your take on that?

Nate,

To tell you the truth, I'd never put anything like that in any motor that I own.

A can of "fuel injector cleaner" once in a great while maybe but, I wouldn't dump any snake oil down the throttle.

But, someone on here said it seemed to work and I've heard other people say it works so, to each their own.

If I ran that in a motor, I would change the oil twice afterward to make sure I got all the cr ap out. Changing the plugs wouldn't be a bad idea either. If anyone has cats or 02 sensors in their boats, I'd highly recommend against putting this stuff in the motor.

Nate,

To tell you the truth, I'd never put anything like that in any motor that I own.

A can of "fuel injector cleaner" once in a great while maybe but, I wouldn't dump any snake oil down the throttle.

But, someone on here said it seemed to work and I've heard other people say it works so, to each their own.

If I ran that in a motor, I would change the oil twice afterward to make sure I got all the cr ap out. Changing the plugs wouldn't be a bad idea either. If anyone has cats or 02 sensors in their boats, I'd highly recommend against putting this stuff in the motor.

I am with Pete here. The only time I would do something like this is in an extreme circumstance where everything was really coked up with carbon and the vehicle won't run correctly because of it. I don't believe that this should be treated like a "maintenance" type procedure.

I've heard you should change your plugs immediately after you run it and the exhaust clears since alot of carbon will stick to or burn on the plugs electrode. What's your take on that?

How may hours do you have on that boat anyway? My wife's surburban has 116000 miles and only about 3000 hours.

REW

How may hours do you have on that boat anyway? My wife's surburban has 116000 miles and only about 3000 hours.

REW

I'm around 400 hrs. I probably won't do it unless I start noticing a rough idle and/or loss in performance.

I am with Pete here. The only time I would do something like this is in an extreme circumstance where everything was really coked up with carbon and the vehicle won't run correctly because of it.

W.O.T. to the ramp for 5 mins. should keep everything clean.

W.O.T. to the ramp for 5 mins. should keep everything clean.

That's one of my favorite parts of every outing! I only get to do it on the way back per the wife. Reminds me, I want to check my top speed with a gps this spring. 49.5 seems a little fast even on glass.

That's one of my favorite parts of every outing! I only get to do it on the way back per the wife. Reminds me, I want to check my top speed with a gps this spring. 49.5 seems a little fast even on glass.

Prepare for disappointment!:cry: