Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wiring in tower lights on illison tower.

malibu

sorry guys i know this is a tread thats been run. but i lost it . got light mounted but where do i connect the wiring to the mux swtich . i think i have read they are neg, switched any help or where to go to find it . i have a 08 vtx

I'm not very technical but I have the same boat. I had two sets of lights mounted. I mounted them but had them hooked up by the dealer. You need a relay in the line propr to hooking up to mux switches. I am sure that some of the other guys will post exact instructions on how it all comes together.

sorry guys i know this is a tread thats been run. but i lost it . got light mounted but where do i connect the wiring to the mux swtich . i think i have read they are neg, switched any help or where to go to find it . i have a 08 vtx

The lights are negative switched. You will find the negative switched wires in the wiring harness for the Medallion box. Here is the diagram. Disregard item numbered F3 it was for the light above on the Illusion XS tower that never came about.

towerlights2.jpg

towerlights3.jpg

towerlights1.jpg

0809towerwiring harness.pdf

Edited by 06vlx

thanks guys for help.. i have seen those wires now where they are now... where and how do i put in the relay what size relay will work . do i put it in on wire coming from lights then into the two wire coming out of factory harness

• 5 weeks later...

hi,

is the wiring in an 09 VLX with illusion xs the same?

thx, chris.

Yes those instructions are from my 09' but will work with 08-10 boats as well.

Yes those instructions are from my 09' but will work with 08-10 boats as well.

Hey 06vlx,

Where do you get your wiring diagrams for the boats from? I would love to have some for my 09 VLX.

Terry