Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

lake temp gauge

i have a 2003 response lxi with i built in lake temp gauge. lake water temp is about 68 but the gauge is reading 120 to 130. what is the problem, no dealer near me

Edited by wsdud
i have a 2003 response lxi with i built in lake temp gauge. lake water temp is about 68 but the gauge is reading 120 to 130. what is the problem, no dealer near me

Maybe the wrong gauge - that sounds like the engine temp... Biggrin.gif

Could be a bad ground, I agree to check the wiring

• 1 month later...

Did you ever get this fixed? I know I have the same problem and it's reoccurring. I had my dealer fix it last year and it worked for a short while then it went back & read a constant 115 degrees. They told me it was a bad sensor at the time, now I just consider it a useless option. As long as there's no ice, the water temp is a perfect.

Jay

I have a similar problem, but mine is with my depth gauge. Its pretty strange to see 189ft on a small lake!

I'm thinking its in the wiring also!