Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response/Sunsetters

TheKiwi

Hey guys,

Have been trying to find a cheapish sunsetter/response for under $23k in the states somewhere. This post was in regards to forsale websites but im an idiot and currently have the h1n1 flu so wasn't thinking straight when I used the search options on boat trader lol.

ANYWAY!

Who here is surfing behind a response/sunsetter d-drive? I was just wondering if its possible? When I had my 99 response in 2008 I hadn't even considered surfing or weighting it with ballast. Now that we are looking at getting another the question pops up.

I don't want a wakesetter at the present time as the only people who come out on the lake with us are my partner, her father and maybe 1 or 2 friends of ours at the most. So it doesn't make sense in getting a boat thats 70% dearer with all the features I won't use. We aren't hardcore wakeboarders, my partners dad skis and knee boarding is sometimes on the plan for the day.

So yeah, just wondering bout the surfing.

Edited by TheKiwi

We surf behind our Sunsetter LXI a fair amount. We surf with a 750# bag in the rear trunk and a 350# bag on the port side of the engine cover. I weigh 205# and still haven't been able to learn to ride without the rope. My svelte wife however has no problems at all.

Wow sounds good. I weigh a tad under 200 and am 6'2 so I shouldn't have any problems.

Man its quiet in these forums these days isn't it? I did do a search but didnt find much.