Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

barefoot racing

wilma

I am flying back to toronto this weekend to compete in a barefoot race for my first time. I dont expect to do so well, but it could be fun?!? Yahoo.gif

check out www.canadabarefoot.com

wilma

Barefoot racing is a blast. Don't sell yourself short. It' not easy for anybody ....even the pros!

Running my boat in a barefoot race in St. Louis on 10/8. I can't wait. Yahoo.gif

As much as I love to foot, the endurance stuff seems downright crazy to me.

Footing around 50mph for miles on end... man.

Anyone know that the new Team BFC transition method is. Chuck has made a couple of references to it by I haven't seen any video of it. He makes it sound like they can transition skiers inside of 10-15 seconds now.

As much as I love to foot, the endurance stuff seems downright crazy to me.

Footing around 50mph for miles on end... man.

Anyone know that the new Team BFC transition method is.  Chuck has made a couple of references to it by I haven't seen any video of it.  He makes it sound like they can transition skiers inside of 10-15 seconds now.

Supposedly that's a secret. The Stl race is going to be followed by a "transition competition." If I see or hear it, I'll let you know.

I think it may be on a pully system and a handle at each end of the rope so they can jump in with a handle and go. that is just what some of the video's look like to me.

I think it may be on a pully system and a handle at each end of the rope so they can jump in with a handle and go.  that is just what some of the video's look like to me.

That's the method my team will be using. They must have added some kinda twist to it.

Dontknow.gif

I think it may be on a pully system and a handle at each end of the rope so they can jump in with a handle and go.  that is just what some of the video's look like to me.

That's the method my team will be using. They must have added some kinda twist to it.

Dontknow.gif

So BFC has the competition thinking...seems like they're winning the race already Surprised.gif

Try this link..

Link

Thats a good link. These guys talk some trash but they are good too. They had some bad luck last year with running out of gas, prop damage and stuff like that.

I've skiied the Austin TX Dam to Dam (the original 20 miler) and it's a blast but tough, feel the burn.

Let us know how do.

Well, its harder than i thought, but we had a blast. the organizers put on a great race.

they ran two heats, one outboard and one inboards. of five outboards, we placed fourth. i think overall our time placed us 6 in 10 boats. 17 miles. our time was 29.58. the winning time was just over 22 minutes.

thanks for all the feedback on this thread.

wilma

• 4 weeks later...

Our team took 2nd in the inboard division at the St. Louis race. We were pretty well dusted by by the Ski-Pros. Not only are they faster, but also throw a much better wake to foot on in rough water.

St. Louis Race

Tom - 2nd place is pretty good. good job.

I wish i had more time to watch the video on the link. i will later. the helicopter video would be neat too.

wilma