Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim step change

lf133

Hi All

I am looking for some opinions. I have the 2000 LSV Wakesetter Escape and according to the specs that is a 25V Diamond Hull and I have the wood platform.

I have found a swim platform advertised as "2007 23LSV Malibu Wakesetter swim platform. Black fiberglass in great condition." According to the specs a 2007 Waksetter was on the 25V Wake Hull. I do believe that some were made on the 25V Diamond Hull. So at the moment I do not know what it is from.

So my question is should I be able to use it if off the Wake and or Diamond Hull or will it no work at all. Are the mounts the same? I do realize that there is no trap door for my wedge, and guess if I want to use it I will be swimming.

Let me know your thoughts. Price seems good at $350 but I have not looked around.

Thanks

Matt

Hi All

I am looking for some opinions. I have the 2000 LSV Wakesetter Escape and according to the specs that is a 25V Diamond Hull and I have the wood platform.

I have found a swim platform advertised as "2007 23LSV Malibu Wakesetter swim platform. Black fiberglass in great condition." According to the specs a 2007 Waksetter was on the 25V Wake Hull. I do believe that some were made on the 25V Diamond Hull. So at the moment I do not know what it is from.

So my question is should I be able to use it if off the Wake and or Diamond Hull or will it no work at all. Are the mounts the same? I do realize that there is no trap door for my wedge, and guess if I want to use it I will be swimming.

Let me know your thoughts. Price seems good at $350 but I have not looked around.

Thanks

Matt

No idea on fitment but that is a great price!!

I have a 07 23LSV and the issue you will have is where the brackets line up. It not in the same location as yours. You can probably make an adapter plate to fit the two together. The hole for the wedge, well like you said you can live with out that.

Hi All

Thanks

Matt

BillAirJunky has had it with his wood platform and is going to coat it with LineX or something like that and then I think add a pad to the top. You may want to consider something like that. At least you know it would fit!

I looked around for a glass swim platform for my Vride (same as the older VLX). The problem I ran into that the curve of the leading edge of the swim platform is not the same from one boat to the next. And like C28 said, the bracket placement, but I figured I could overcome that detail pretty easily.

Mine has been LineXed for about a week now. We rode behind the boat last Sunday. The stuff is tough as nails & WAY slick when it gets wet. I had it done with no grit in it so it is a nice smooth surface to stick any kind of non-skid pad on. I stopped by the arts & crafts store this morning to pick up some butcher paper so I can make a template. I'll be cutting some Traxx pad this evening for it & get it stuck in place.

And then we ride on Saturday. :yahoo:

I looked around for a glass swim platform for my Vride (same as the older VLX). The problem I ran into that the curve of the leading edge of the swim platform is not the same from one boat to the next. And like C28 said, the bracket placement, but I figured I could overcome that detail pretty easily.

Mine has been LineXed for about a week now. We rode behind the boat last Sunday. The stuff is tough as nails & WAY slick when it gets wet. I had it done with no grit in it so it is a nice smooth surface to stick any kind of non-skid pad on. I stopped by the arts & crafts store this morning to pick up some butcher paper so I can make a template. I'll be cutting some Traxx pad this evening for it & get it stuck in place.

And then we ride on Saturday. :yahoo:

Got any pictures of this lineXed deck? Did you do it yourself or have a bedliner shop do it for you?

Got any pictures of this lineXed deck? Did you do it yourself or have a bedliner shop do it for you?

+1 on pics and did you do it?

Here it is from the shop. Cost me $80 & I had it done smooth (they can put different textures in) because I knew I'd be putting the Traxx pad on it.

LineXed2.jpg

The issues I have run up against.....

I removed all the hardware & gave them two pieces of wood to coat. In hind sight I think I'd remove the hinge from the swimstep & the Wedge door, but leave the latch mechanism in the door & mask it off. I've had to go over any surfaces where the LineX was too thick. I am using a rasp bit on Dremel to thin the LineX material so everything fits in place again.

Being a foil rider, we don't use the Wedge, just ballast. So if the door doesn't work for me, it's not the end of the world. But in the interest of resale some day, I'm working on it so it is fully functional. With a little planning that wouldn't be an issue though.

BTW, I've also used the Herculiner product myself on other things. And the LineX is a far nicer looking finish. Both are tough as nails though.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Here it is from the shop. Cost me $80 & I had it done smooth (they can put different textures in) because I knew I'd be putting the Traxx pad on it.

LineXed2.jpg

The issues I have run up against.....

I removed all the hardware & gave them two pieces of wood to coat. In hind sight I think I'd remove the hinge from the swimstep & the Wedge door, but leave the latch mechanism in the door & mask it off. I've had to go over any surfaces where the LineX was too thick. I am using a rasp bit on Dremel to thin the LineX material so everything fits in place again.

Being a foil rider, we don't use the Wedge, just ballast. So if the door doesn't work for me, it's not the end of the world. But in the interest of resale some day, I'm working on it so it is fully functional. With a little planning that wouldn't be an issue though.

BTW, I've also used the Herculiner product myself on other things. And the LineX is a far nicer looking finish. Both are tough as nails though.

Thanks It looks nice. I was looking around and where do you get Traxx Pad. I see it is no longer available on the site. Thanks again

Edited by lf133

Yea, my source has dried up. I have a couple sheets & some remnants left..... and one less now.

It's done. Cut & stuck. Sitting under a ton of bricks till morning. Then I'll mount it in the morning & get a pic later.

I made a template in butcher paper than I transferred to the bottom of the Traxx.

template.jpg

Yea, my source has dried up. I have a couple sheets & some remnants left..... and one less now.

It's done. Cut & stuck. Sitting under a ton of bricks till morning. Then I'll mount it in the morning & get a pic later.

I made a template in butcher paper than I transferred to the bottom of the Traxx.

template.jpg

Can't wait to see it. And if any of those sheets / remnants are Tan and White (maybe some of the black or gray) I would be interested in buying them from you. If not. Still can't wait to see the pics.

Edited by lf133

Hi All

I have found a swim platform advertised as "2007 23LSV Malibu Wakesetter swim platform.

Matt,

I'm pretty sure the beam of the newer boat is wider than yours and, as stated earlier (before this turned into Bill's line-X hijack thread :whistle:) the curvature of the transom will be different.

Matt,

I'm pretty sure the beam of the newer boat is wider than yours and, as stated earlier (before this turned into Bill's line-X hijack thread :whistle:) the curvature of the transom will be different.

Thanks - that is what I was thinking too. But thought I would check.

Don't kill Bills Hijack, I want to see the finished product tomorrow. :lol:

Heyhey! MalibuTime jacked it.... I'm a victim here too! :rofl:

Here ya go. The finished product. I decided not to cut the Traxx out where the Wedge access door is.... just made a cleaner look to me. But it all works fine & can be easily cut at a later date if needed.

IMG_2021Large.jpg

IMG_2020Large.jpg

lfl33, I do have a full sheet of the black/grey. Let me know if your interested.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Here ya go. The finished product. I decided not to cut the Traxx out where the Wedge access door is.... just made a cleaner look to me. But it all works fine & can be easily cut at a later date if needed.

IMG_2021Large.jpg

IMG_2020Large.jpg

lfl33, I do have a full sheet of the black/grey. Let me know if your interested.

I am OK with the Hijack. It looks Great and I PM'd you.

Thanks

My 2001 SLXi used a completely different bracket than the 2008 RLXi that I just bought. You better ask Malibu about this.

I was going to call Monday to hear what they say. But I bet I know the answer. After seeing Bill's boat I am probably following and going that way.

I was a train robber in my previous life :guns:

Bill, looks good. Are you skipping the rubrail? Or is that TBD?

Edited by MalibuTime

I think you should just love the teak, it is elegant.

I do / did love the teak and think it can look great when I put the boat away after every use, but as it has sat in the water all summer the last couple of years it is hard to keep it looking good and it takes a beating.

I was a train robber in my previous life :guns:

Bill, looks good. Are you skipping the rubrail? Or is that TBD?

Yep, skipping the rub rail for now. If the LineX doesn't hold up, I'll go with it at a later date.

I agree, Wakes. The teak is gorgeous when it looks good. We keep the boat on the lake for weeks at a time. The teak gets scratched up & bleached & look like crap all time... except for a couple weeks after I've refinished it.

Rode today.... 65 degree air, 48 degree water..... the new swimstep is the S H I T!!!! We all loved it! In fact, the girls are out in the driveway pretending it summer right now.

IMG_2152.jpg

lfl33, I'll be in touch when the party dies down.... :yahoo:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Bill, platform looks great. I like my teak and don't mind the upkeep but now you got me thinking. I'll wait to see how yours holds up. I LineX applied my wedge last year. It looked great but did not hold up. Any small opening for water to start getting in and it will peel it like an orange. Hope yours holds tight.

Yea, I hear you, Denny.

I've actually done this once before. To an MC swimstep years ago. Using Herculiner. It's still holding up & been a couple years. But I didn't care for how gritty it was. This not like that at all.

I also talked to the owner of the LineX dealer. He said he's done about a dozen swimsteps by now. The oldest is over 4 yrs old now. He said that it's a commitment, no going back once it's done. When LineX is applied to a metal pickup bed, it can be cut & peeled off. But when it's applied to wood, it actually will penetrate the wood. So if you try to peel it off, it won't peel like an orange, but would come up like tree roots from the ground. Explains why it took me over a year to make the choice.

Planning on using & abusing it to the fullest. I'll let you know if I have any problems. :rockon:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky