Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

transom lights

Full Boat

sounds like it would look great. I have only seen blue and white in person. I think I have seen it on a website though can't recall which one. Do a search for red underwater lights.

We put some on our I/O. It was part of a group buy on WW last year. Blue but still they lit up well. Everything else in the boat was blue so didnt make sense to change colors. I know it doesnt help but just some ideas, these were the same on the site that are the middle ones.

They were the same ones Ken was selling, the person that did the group buy found the same manuf. in China lol. I believe it was Robert Miller on WW so may see if he is buyin more and he may be able to hook you up.

There were a couple threads on Wakeworld about the LED tests and etc, but I think its still trying to get rebuilt since its an older one.

At costs was better than the inflated price :)

l_fd17c852f09749af817894a53a5445e6.jpg

l_247991e39faa4742b63f96a5cd71ac79.jpg

l_fdca9cdb93024aab92af62acbffc1898.jpg

thanks for the pix. I saw that thread, but cant find any pix of red transom lights. my boat is red, so I think red is the way to go. but, the lights are kinda expansive, and I was hoping to see an example before I ordered them.

here's my boat...

IMG_0104.JPG

another stupid question.... how do you up load pix to the forum???

If you click on my profile, you can see my boat... red on cream. I think red transom lights are the way to go

Edited by Full Boat

I agree with red for your boat.

However, I did read some of those links and it was said the company that makes them could not find a suitable red because the spectrum dispersed too greatly in water? Or something like that I forgot how it was worded. Bottom line is, I guess, that red won't perform as well and because of that you may not find red available at all.

White wouldn't be too shabby, though.

ok - lets try this again... here is my boat (see next post). red and red on cream. bottom is all red

Edited by Full Boat

Red light really dissipates quickly in water, quicker than any other color. Red is the worst color on the spectrum to use for projection purposes. White and blue do much better under water, white being the best for projection.

well, I went ahead and ordered red underwater LED lights. I decided on going with lights in a stronger power (more lumens) than I originally planned, due to the fact that red wavelengths dissipate quickly in water. I will post pictures upon completion ... probably coupla weeks.