Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I've got something I need to get off my chest.

Wakes

Funny. I've used that a few times to keep from gettin on a slalom ski again.

Well if you enjoyed slalom and back issues have kept you from it you should look into West Coast style slalom. :thumbup: It is a lot easier on the back. :yes:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibuswany

• Bill_AirJunky

• Ndawg12

• Wakes

Well if you enjoyed slalom and back issues have kept you from it you should look into West Coast style slalom. :thumbup:It is a lot easier on the back. :yes:

That's too easy. I prefer the hips back, hunched over, knees in the chest crank it out of the bouy because I am late approach. It's very easy on the back and appealing to the eye.

I have two of these tubes.

How difficult is it to separate a rider from their tube using one of those vs. the older, smaller tubes?

We keep talking about getting one, but haven't pulled the trigger because we were never sure how much of a challenge they were to ride/stay on.

How difficult is it to separate a rider from their tube using one of those vs. the older, smaller tubes?

We keep talking about getting one, but haven't pulled the trigger because we were never sure how much of a challenge they were to ride/stay on.

We picked up one of these at the end of last season, haven't got it on the water yet though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf8sq0xr8Zc

If you are looking at knocking people off I suspect this will launch them more frequently than the really huge tubes but you could use it as a lounger ride too.

I wonder if they have room for me with them on that HO though?

I have had riders kick themselves in the head several times. I have had one rider go off the back when we had six people on it. She lost her bottoms on the way off. They are pertty hard to actually throw someone off. I see a challenge for who ever is willing to take it at WOW I will let you use one of them.

Edited by Malibuswany

I have two of these tubes.

Anyone else notice they were towing that monster from the tower. :fingerwag:

Edit - Haha- I guess the answer is a yes. It must of took me 4 minutes to watch the video!!

Edited by MalibuTime

:plus1: This is my favorite driving tactic to quickly evict my tubing tenant. It goes without fail, every summer I'll have a friend of a friend on the boat that doesn't ski or board but is a "good" tuber (not really sure what that means). I'll make them a friendly wager that I can boot them from the tube in less than a minute without ever going over 20 mph. They will always take the bet, and most of them are soon to be in orbit. I have about an 80% success rate on that bet using the aforementioned driving method.

Had a cocky teenager at the Church picnic that only lasted 10 seconds!! He learned a lesson not to give me grief in front of his gf. He was treated to a real pull later.

REW

We picked up one of these at the end of last season, haven't got it on the water yet though.

If you are looking at knocking people off I suspect this will launch them more frequently than the really huge tubes but you could use it as a lounger ride too.

Towing from the tower with this one too!

We love tubing, but never before lunch, and generally only if there are kids around to enjoy it lots. Its a hassle getting the tubes out and pumping them up etc etc. We have 4 or 5 I think, plus a few spares. The collection just grew from when my father in law got his first boat 20 years ago, just kept buying them every year at costco haha.

the only people you see in a tube behind my boat is the 3 and 4 year olds. The niece is always trying to get my brother out thier with her all time and he tells her she needs to learn old to wakeboard. By the way she's 3....its to funny seeing a 3 year old and a 30 year old argue about tubing.

These tubes can get great air, as seen in the video, but are hard to knock people off because of how sturdy they are. One GREAT way to use this tube is to turn it around and put it on a rope that's 15 feet shorter than the one your wakeboarder is using and use it as a platform to video/photograph from.

It's also a great tube to just throw in the lake and lounge on while drinking a beer, so I have heard :thumbup:

Edited by msuwaterski

We own a tube for the kids and overweight brother in law. There is nothing funnier than towing your overweight brother in law! And then watching him try to get back in the boat.

Once we took the tube on a guys trip (college buddies). When it was time to ride, no one would do it. Turns out nobody trusted the other one enough to ride it. :lol:

Wonder how long it'll take before someone gets their leg stuck in that Y where the rope is tied? That ought to hurt.... :crazy:

Seems like there could be some pretty serious damage done if the driver doesn't back off immediately.

Only thing worse than admitting you're a tuber........ is admitting you're a tuber who can't drive over 6mph!!!! I have 3 small girl's (4,3,1) The two oldest don't like it when the water splashes them! They won't keep goggles on and won't sit backward's.......so 6 mph it is! The girl's impossed the speed restriction. Never done on glass or near rider's. They love it and that's what owning a boat is all about.

Nice sunny day

Friend's and family in the boat

Towing my girl's no more than 6 mph

Checking out there smiles in the mirror

PRICELESS!!!

Oh yeah, almost forgot.........Mom's not allowed to drive, she cornered once!!!!

I can one up this, try two 6 year olds in the tube, about the same speed, the only difference is Hannah Montana blasting out of the tower speakers...... this is a true test of family love. weeks almost a month to live it down when we went past others sitting in their boat enjoying the sun....... ;)

If you are familiar with the Channel in Lake havasu on a holiday wekend then you will really get a laugh outa this one. Try cruising the cahnnel with Alvin and the Chipmunks coming outa all 8 speakers and you get caught singing along. ROFL.gif

If you are familiar with the Channel in Lake havasu on a holiday wekend then you will really get a laugh outa this one. Try cruising the cahnnel with Alvin and the Chipmunks coming outa all 8 speakers and you get caught singing along. ROFL.gif

ouch.......I have been caught singing along to my 11 year olds hip hop...... :whistle: boom boom pow !!!!!!!

Geez, more likely to be Rodney Carrington's Titties & Beer on mine. :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:plus1:

Sending cocky teenagers skipping across the water on their backs is a great benefit to pulling a tube behind a boat with the handling and torque of a tournament style ski boat.

Had a cocky teenager at the Church picnic that only lasted 10 seconds!! He learned a lesson not to give me grief in front of his gf. He was treated to a real pull later.

REW

Lucky boy! :;):

:lol: