Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I've got something I need to get off my chest.

Wakes

Ok guys, here goes.... I love tubing. An experienced driver mixed with a couple tubes behind the boat is all kinds of fun. There, I said it and now it's out there :biggrin:. Just to be clear(I don't want to have items hurled at me here), I don't tear up glass on sunny days and we steer clear of other water sports enthusiasts.

I also think it is a travesty that I can't find 48" tubes anymore.

So anyway - when you've got your crew out on the water on a busy afternoon break out those tubes :clap:.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibuswany

• Bill_AirJunky

• Ndawg12

• Wakes

We just got one of the big flat tubes thinking it'd be a riot. Actually kinda sucks cause ya can't get any damn air with it!! And it's SOOO hard to find the tiny tubes now days but! Definitely on the prowl for two this year to have tubing wars! Be nice to actually have a boat with some torque for setting people up for them monster figure 8's! Can't wait! :D

Two (2) 48" identical tubes, Two (2) identical tubing ropes, and Three (3) 40'ish college buddies (one to drive) and 'Death Tubing'® is ON!

We are also VERY respectful of any boaters in our area and will go somewhere else if they show up.

The kids love the tubes, also.

Edited by rts

Glass = straight line sports

Afternoon Chop = tubbin'

Just gotta remember not to through the girls on top of each other. and you CAN get a lot of air with the big tubes if the driver knows how. Does take a good boat.

Start by making a slowly accelerating circle the exact radius of the rope (rope on tower) the tube should move very little if at all. Then at about 8 to 10 mph punch it and turn the other way. (make sure there is no slack in the rope) You will throw the wake at the tube while accelerating the tubers. this will launch the tube in the air. adjust the timing to get the maximum air.

REW

OK now I am going back into the closet and you can't make me come out!

Two (2) 48" identical tubes, Two (2) identical tubing ropes, and Three (3) 40'ish college buddies (one to drive) and 'Death Tubing' is ON!

We are also VERY respectful of any boaters in our area and will go somewhere else if they show up.

The kids love the tubes, also.

We typically go three 48" tubes but one of them bit the bullet last season so we bought a 54" tube... it just isn't the same... although it is tough to kick over so it's ok for the less advanced riders.

Are your tubes relatively new? Where did you get them?

We finish the day on a F-2. When everyone is too beat up to hold a rope we go out in the middle of the chop and spin a good double up with the rope on the tower and watch the bodies fly.. Don't put the big guys on the tower I think that might be to much drag weight. I does suck when you find a nice narrow to ski in and some ya-hoo is in front of you S turning. There's a time and a place to tube. And its not in front of your board brother.

Glass = straight line sports

Afternoon Chop = tubbin'

Just gotta remember not to through the girls on top of each other. and you CAN get a lot of air with the big tubes if the driver knows how. Does take a good boat.

Start by making a slowly accelerating circle the exact radius of the rope (rope on tower) the tube should move very little if at all. Then at about 8 to 10 mph punch it and turn the other way. (make sure there is no slack in the rope) You will throw the wake at the tube while accelerating the tubers. this will launch the tube in the air. adjust the timing to get the maximum air.

REW

OK now I am going back into the closet and you can't make me come out!

That right there is too much information! :Tease3:

The adults in the boat last summer when my wife was driving the tubers nicknamed the boat the vomit comet. The kids loved it.

The first summer we had the inboard, my wife realized how different the boat handled when I passed the boat as she was doing S-turns on a relatively calm stretch of the lake. We do have a rule though - no tubing before lunch.

Mid afternoon when the water is too rough to board and often difficult to surf consistently in the small wave we put out, we pull out the 2 tubes & let the tube wars begin.

I got two little tubes if there's interest - PM me and we can cook up a deal - kids abandoned them when we got the 3 person banzai haven't been inflated in a couple seasons ones' pretty new and ones pretty old - both worked fine last time we had them out... BTW - we'll pull out the tube for a quick set for the kids prior to heading in for the day when the water's too choppy

Hi, my name is Nate and I'm a tuber. And like the OP I am respectful of the glass.

Ndawg12 I know who you are!!!! and you are not a tuber!!!! you r a foiler!!!!!Let it be known.come on out of that closet.

Only thing worse than admitting you're a tuber........ is admitting you're a tuber who can't drive over 6mph!!!! I have 3 small girl's (4,3,1) The two oldest don't like it when the water splashes them! They won't keep goggles on and won't sit backward's.......so 6 mph it is! The girl's impossed the speed restriction. Never done on glass or near rider's. They love it and that's what owning a boat is all about.

Nice sunny day

Friend's and family in the boat

Towing my girl's no more than 6 mph

Checking out there smiles in the mirror

PRICELESS!!!

Oh yeah, almost forgot.........Mom's not allowed to drive, she cornered once!!!!

Ndawg12 I know who you are!!!! and you are not a tuber!!!! you r a foiler!!!!!Let it be known.come on out of that closet.

Hey now. Don't be goin there. Not even close to the same skillset! :rockon:

Foiler & proud of it.

Only thing worse than admitting you're a tuber........ is admitting you're a tuber who can't drive over 6mph!!!! I have 3 small girl's (4,3,1) The two oldest don't like it when the water splashes them! They won't keep goggles on and won't sit backward's.......so 6 mph it is! The girl's impossed the speed restriction. Never done on glass or near rider's. They love it and that's what owning a boat is all about.

Nice sunny day

Friend's and family in the boat

Towing my girl's no more than 6 mph

Checking out there smiles in the mirror

PRICELESS!!!

Oh yeah, almost forgot.........Mom's not allowed to drive, she cornered once!!!!

This sounds exactly like my summer two years ago. Last summer all I heard was "FASTER! FASTER!" and I'm allowed to corner as they like to slowly ease over the wake. I actually tossed my 6 yr old daughter once last year. My wife and I were horrified, thinking that tubing was done for the summer. We got to her and she was actually smiling!

I don't think you know what you're talking about, I'm only 31, I'm not allowed to foil yet :biggrin: Sorry Bill!!

Two (2) 48" identical tubes, Two (2) identical tubing ropes, and Three (3) 40'ish college buddies (one to drive) and 'Death Tubing'® is ON!

That's similar to what we used to do but we called it suicide tubin'. 16' jet boat with a 454 pulling 2 tubers following a deep v Four Winns carving up the water. Those memories make me cringe with a smile!!

Ok guys, here goes.... I love tubing. An experienced driver mixed with a couple tubes behind the boat is all kinds of fun. There, I said it and now it's out there :biggrin:. Just to be clear(I don't want to have items hurled at me here), I don't tear up glass on sunny days and we steer clear of other water sports enthusiasts.

I also think it is a travesty that I can't find 48" tubes anymore.

So anyway - when you've got your crew out on the water on a busy afternoon break out those tubes :clap:.

Tracie? Where's the negative Rep button!?