Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Getting the Season started

obski

Looks like thrusday should get close to 70 degrees here in the beatiful central Ca. foothills,man i love this place

lol I can't wait til obski reads this :rofl:

What can I say? :)

My hair has been white since my late 20's. That was a few years ago though.

I have a lot of fun boarding and skiing and hanging with my kids.

That is a great stretch of the Willamette. I have made it up there for a couple of days a year including late September 2009.

I camped out at Champoeg State Park and had a great time. The Federales sure seem to be out in the summertime, though.

You are fortunate to have a great spot so close.

I was amazed at the vegetation that has grown into the river between Canby and Oregon City though.

What kind of water temperatures do you have now. I think I had 71 degrees in Sept.

I am liking the white haired guy, also.

The water temp was 52F on that day. With the sun out and a drysuit on, we were pretty warm.

I think I saw a sheriff out just a couple of times while we were out last year, but we usually get out either on a weekday or early on a weekend.

Went for a little cruise today. First time for the year. Water a bit nippy at 45 degrees in the main lake, and as high as 52 in "our" cove. Boat performed well. I guess I hooked everything back up correctly.... A couple more weeks of decent weather and will have to break out the wetsuit. No takers today. Couldn't get one of the batteries to charge up though. Will have to put it on the charger at home I guess. Nobody but fishermen and a couple of pontoons out, and the water was glass....

lol I can't wait til obski reads this :rofl:

When I read that comment I was busting up :rofl: .......that is until I remembered that OBSKI is a much better wakeboarder than I am..... :rockon:

My mind tells me one thing while my body a whole different thing. I love the line from Top Gun about the mind writing checks that the body can't cash. :lol:

I have found that staying in shape year round becomes even more important as you get older. When I was younger, I could step in and do an activity that I hadn't done for some time and go at it full bore with only mild short-lived soreness afterwards. Now if I tried that I wouldn't be able to walk for a week. My main form of exercise is swimming, which I have been doing on a regular basis for the past 23 years. This year I spent the month of January at a mission hospital in Niger without access to a pool or much else for that matter. I did a lot of walking, but not regular exercise. I could not believe how long it took for me to get back to doing the same workouts without tired and sore muscles. Gotta keep at it if I want to keep doing the things I love to do.

My mind tells me one thing while my body a whole different thing. I love the line from Top Gun about the mind writing checks that the body can't cash. :lol:

I have found that staying in shape year round becomes even more important as you get older. When I was younger, I could step in and do an activity that I hadn't done for some time and go at it full bore with only mild short-lived soreness afterwards. Now if I tried that I wouldn't be able to walk for a week. My main form of exercise is swimming, which I have been doing on a regular basis for the past 23 years. This year I spent the month of January at a mission hospital in Niger without access to a pool or much else for that matter. I did a lot of walking, but not regular exercise. I could not believe how long it took for me to get back to doing the same workouts without tired and sore muscles. Gotta keep at it if I want to keep doing the things I love to do.

Absolutely correct. I have found though that I can still do everything I could do when I was 20. I just can’t do it for as long. :biggrin:

... I can still do everything I could do when I was 20. I just can’t do it for as long.

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."

- Toby Keith :thumbup:

I have several friends close to retirement that say the same thing. I kayaked the middle section of the Owahee river with one of them and he was good to go until the last day. I am filing this bit of information away.