Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Getting the Season started

obski

We managed to get back out on the water on Saturday, so we got our usual February start. We had a great time, but the water was running pretty fast. My daughter made an impressive trailering of the boat in the current.

IMG_5517.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5579.jpg

we hit it up sunday - season started about like yours - drysuits - I did not opt for the slalom - stuck with the boards and full ballast - no wedge... looking for the soft entry into the season... nice pics

I'm SOOO jealous! Looks like fun! You guys get a lot of debris floating down the rivers and what not? You people back east Kinda have it made as far as being able to jump in the river and go like hell.

Looks like fun was had by all. We are sooooo ready. Hopefully a couple more weeks. Need to finish that shower install and oil the teak !!!! :thumbup:

Edited by SoDakSooner

I am so Jealous, looks like you guys had alotta fun. Can't wait to get in the water here. Bu is at the dealer getting a long list of warranty work done.

Sweet. Gotta love all of that. We got out on Sunday for the 2nd time. 50 degree air & 41 degree water. Glass all afternoon & we were the only boat out. Still winterizing the boat after each day on the lake. But it was worth it to get out on the boat for a couple hours.

I'm SOOO jealous! Looks like fun! You guys get a lot of debris floating down the rivers and what not? You people back east Kinda have it made as far as being able to jump in the river and go like hell.

There wasn't actually too much debris, but the current was swift. There is always some debris and deadheads to watch out for.

Sweet. Gotta love all of that. We got out on Sunday for the 2nd time. 50 degree air & 41 degree water. Glass all afternoon & we were the only boat out. Still winterizing the boat after each day on the lake. But it was worth it to get out on the boat for a couple hours.

The air was 58F and the water 52F. We shouldn't have any more freezing temps here. I usually don't winterize as I keep the 'Bu in its cozy home. This year I did because I left it with AWS for a few weeks while I got a few things fixed up on the boat.

We did see one other boat out on the river - fishing.

We're going to head up to the mountain tomorrow to get in some skiing.

Edited by obski

The air was 58F and the water 52F. We shouldn't have any more freezing temps here.

Almost time to trunk it with those water temps :thumbup: Definitely wetsuit weather though (don't have a drysuit). Actually my wetsuit stays on until the water is about 80. :biggrin:

:yahoo:

We have had day time temps over freezing now for over two weeks. It just feels so good and spending some time outside doing odd jobs is a very good thing. :thumbup: Then I see some stupid truck driving up and down the lake. :cry:

We are about a month and a half away.

MalibuNation

:yahoo:

We have had day time temps over freezing now for over two weeks. It just feels so good and spending some time outside doing odd jobs is a very good thing. :thumbup: Then I see some stupid truck driving up and down the lake. :cry:

We are about a month and a half away.

Sixball, I was going to ask you if the ice is melting by the shore yet? It's nice to see the sun but the cold nights are re-freezing the little melting that has been going on. I know the non-dammed rivers are open down by me. Weather looks warm next week too. I'm guessing we'll loose the ice this month which is normal.

Sixball, I was going to ask you if the ice is melting by the shore yet? It's nice to see the sun but the cold nights are re-freezing the little melting that has been going on. I know the non-dammed rivers are open down by me. Weather looks warm next week too. I'm guessing we'll loose the ice this month which is normal.

No no melting yet. I was on the lake yesterday and checked a couple of fishing holes 20 to 24 inches of ice. :cry:

I can see a fair amount of grass!

We have one area of open water the M30 bridge. The dam on my side of the lake does not dump much water so the current going under M30 over to the big side of the lake keep it open some of the time and it is growing fast.

If the weather stays warm the swamps north of us will start dumping warm water and the lake ice will go fast. :clap:

That is a great stretch of the Willamette. I have made it up there for a couple of days a year including late September 2009.

I camped out at Champoeg State Park and had a great time. The Federales sure seem to be out in the summertime, though.

You are fortunate to have a great spot so close.

I was amazed at the vegetation that has grown into the river between Canby and Oregon City though.

What kind of water temperatures do you have now. I think I had 71 degrees in Sept.

I am liking the white haired guy, also.

:cry: I'm chiming in with the MI boys on this thread. Trucks still driving around on the lake. Imagine 5 years ago I was living la vida loca in AZ only to accept a job offer back home in Chicago :Frustrated:
Why do I live in Michigan?

:dontknow:

We might have a bunch of liberal morons and tree-huggers here in Cali but, hey... I'm skiing tomorrow. :biggrin:

Edited by NorCaliBu
MalibuNation

How old is the guy with the gray hair? Great to see him out there. I pray I never get to old for boating. :thumbup:

That pic caught my eye too ... I'm 53 going on 18.

ahhh Vancouver, I was boarding yesterday in a bay on the inlet, I was there with two other ski boats.....water 49 degrees.....but flat and sunny

post-12062-126798051011_thumb.jpg