Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ready for summer

malibanker

hey everyone!

I just picked up my first Malibu 3 weeks ago. This website is awesome, most of my research came from here so now I thought I'd give back!

With the help of a kind wife and great inlaws, we've alread put the first ding in the bow (tapped the dock just hard enough) and ripped off the break away cable from the trailer ("you sure everything was disconnected?" - guess I learned my lesson there). Isn't boat ownership great?

We live in Dallas and are keeping it on Ray Hubbard but plan on hitting up other lakes in the area to see what they are all about. We'll be out there as much as possible trying to get all the friends up to speed on boarding and boat etiquite. If you have any tips on the lake or just need a cold beer hit me up.

Thanks,

welcome to the club.

yes, boat ownership can be a never ending battle; pretty much a big hole in the water that you throw money into.

the good news is that it's worth all the pia stuff that it takes to get you there.

enjoy the heck out if it.

welcome to the club.

yes, boat ownership can be a never ending battle; pretty much a big hole in the water that you throw money into.

the good news is that it's worth all the pia stuff that it takes to get you there.

enjoy the heck out if it.

yeah, but you get to do cannonballs into that big hole of money. :rockon:

I'm WAY past ready for summer!!! Winter seems to be the time I gain 2-3 inches on the waste then go $hit.... Now I gotta get rid of this over hang. Water skiing and wakeboarding are the only FUN ways of doing that :D

Congrats and you have found the best place for coaching and advice. These guys have helped me out so much! Beware of the addiction, I am hooked for sure!

hey everyone!

I just picked up my first Malibu 3 weeks ago. This website is awesome, most of my research came from here so now I thought I'd give back!

With the help of a kind wife and great inlaws, we've alread put the first ding in the bow (tapped the dock just hard enough) and ripped off the break away cable from the trailer ("you sure everything was disconnected?" - guess I learned my lesson there). Isn't boat ownership great?

We live in Dallas and are keeping it on Ray Hubbard but plan on hitting up other lakes in the area to see what they are all about. We'll be out there as much as possible trying to get all the friends up to speed on boarding and boat etiquite. If you have any tips on the lake or just need a cold beer hit me up.

Thanks,

WHAT! I can't believe you did that!! :Tease3:

Just kidding with you...I did the exact same thing last summer. :whistle:

Great looking boat and welcome to the Crew!

welcome to the group...congrats on the boat!!!!!

site and group have been a huge helper for me since I joined back in November last year.

just be careful, your wife might think you are having an afair as you will become addicted.....minutes turn to hours tuen to days turn to weeks.....

welcome to the group...congrats on the boat!!!!!

site and group have been a huge helper for me since I joined back in November last year.

just be careful, your wife might think you are having an afair as you will become addicted.....minutes turn to hours tuen to days turn to weeks.....

That's funny. Sometimes I'll be on here for a few hours (reading, typing, giggling, smiling). She'll come over and look over my shoulder to see what or who I'm conversing with. I swear she thinks I'm having an affair. Yes I am...her name is Rosie (name of our boat). I think about her all the time. :whistle:

We use “units” of measurement for boat repairs. We never say we spend $300, we used 3 units. Somehow it’s just a little easier to swallow.

And welcome to the BuCrew where you going to get great advise from a bunch of overgrown children!

:welcome::werule:

Congrats!!! You'll enjoy Hubbard if you aren't already familiar with it, its a fun lake. Check out the Thursday night concerts at the harbor this summer. Drop the anchor in the cove and sit back and enjoy. Good times!! I just moved out to Grapevine, so my home lake won't be Hubbard any more, but it's still one of my favorites. We are getting some warmer weather, so get that thing wet!!!

Congrats!!! You'll enjoy Hubbard if you aren't already familiar with it, its a fun lake. Check out the Thursday night concerts at the harbor this summer. Drop the anchor in the cove and sit back and enjoy. Good times!! I just moved out to Grapevine, so my home lake won't be Hubbard any more, but it's still one of my favorites. We are getting some warmer weather, so get that thing wet!!!

guess I'll have to pick up an anchor! We cruised the lake 2 weekends ago and actually ran in to another group testing out their Malibu for the first time. You know people love these things when the only two boats on the water are Bu's and everyone is wearing their snow ski gear. It looked like the best place to board is on the north side of the I-30 bridge but I imagine it gets crouded quickly. The wive's parents live on Grapevine so we'll be out there a few times this summer for sure.

The wife doesn't consider it an affair yet, right now she calls the time I spend with it my "man time." . All I need to do next is have the breakaway cable reinstalled. I read columns on how to do it myself but I'm pretty sure it's past my skill level.

Yes, the north side of I30 is one spot, but it gets very crowded on the weekends. Down in the cove in the corner near the 30 and Dalrock is where most boats tie up and hang out. So there are constantly boats coming and going, gets real busy. Drive over to the 66 bridge and go under it and to the right. That's going to be the other good spot, and its prolly better than I30. We stay on 66 to ride and head over to 30 when we want to chill. You'll figure it out pretty quick once the weather warms up and the lake gets busy. Have fun and feel free to holler at me if you have any more questions about the lake.