Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aluminum tread plate

Mal Gal

I am looking at replacing the rubber tread on my trailer with aluminum from BoatMate. Has anyone done this, is there a trick to removing the rubber, is Boatmate the best place to get the aluminum tread plate?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I replaced mine with 5 bar diamond plate I picked up at a local metal supply place (Couer d'Alene Metals in Spokane). Two pieces, cut it to size were about $40. I used Liquid Nails to put them down.

diamondplate1Large.jpg

I got tread plate from a metal recycling yard and made my own. Without milling the Malibu in it it is an easy project and cost less than 10 bucks for material. DSC03021-1.jpg

How did you remove the rubber that came on the trailer, and how did you get the "Malibu" on the tread plate? Sorry all the questions, but kind of new at this stuff. I saw you were from Tennessee, we go to Dale Hollow alot!

DSC03021-1.jpgI just pealed the old rubber parts up and placed the new plates on top of it. I made my new plates just large enough to cover old adhesive so I didn't need to clean it off. Then I pop riveted them to the trailer. The Malibu Boats logo is Milled through half the thickness of the tread plate on a CNC mill, then painted black. It has held up good for 2 years now.

To remove the glue spray with WD 40 and let it soak. Then use a plastic scraper and it come right off. This came from Boatmate.

TLC