Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Inland Surfer

KSilva

Hey Everyone,

I know that there are millions of these topics, but I had a quick question.

I will be surfing behind a stock 08 vlx with 5-6 people in the boat.

I am currently looking into the Inland Surfer (Blue Lake, Swallow, Red Woody) even though the Red Woody is a real big board I am leaning more towards the Blue Lake and Swallow.

I am looking for a board that everyone can use. We vary from 5’6 -6’0 and 150lb to 255lbs.

Any information would be nice. Thank You

Blue Lake all the way. I have ridden all three numerous times. You will out grow the Red Woody, I am not a fan of the Swallow. The Blue Lake is their best selling board and the best all around board in their bag. Good for beginners and advanced alike.

Blue Lake all the way. I have ridden all three numerous times. You will out grow the Red Woody, I am not a fan of the Swallow. The Blue Lake is their best selling board and the best all around board in their bag. Good for beginners and advanced alike.

I agree with the red woody statement. The swallow is just a higher performing blue lake. the swallow was based off the blue Lake. What did you not like about the Swallow? Just asking... i am about to buy a swallow for a really good deal.

I agree with the red woody statement. The swallow is just a higher performing blue lake. the swallow was based off the blue Lake. What did you not like about the Swallow? Just asking... i am about to buy a swallow for a really good deal.

I am pretty sure the Swallow is thicker than the Blue Lake. It felt more boyant and slower/less responsive then the Blue Lake. The last time I road the Swallow was about 10 months ago so I could be mistaken.

We've got a CWB Ride board and a Blue Lake and I can't believe how much faster the Blue Lake is. I added larger fins to it after the boat was put into storage and can't wait to try them out this spring. Rockon.gif

Thanks for all the info everyone. I will contact a local dealer to see what kind of price they can work out on a blue lake. What's a good price to pay for a blue lake?

cmcgee82 - do you get the hook ups? lol

Retail will be around $585 and I do not see them on sale very often.

Anyone have experience with boardco My link

Edited by Living the Dream

Do you guys think there is a big difference between the 2008/2009 Blue Lakes?

Kevin, Just the Quad Fins setup.

You can't go wrong with either the Blue Lake or the Swallow. I also agree about the Red Woody, it is big and slow. The Blue Lake is probably the best all around board with the right fins, but for me the Full Carbon Swallow is faster, quicker, and easier to spin.

Where did you end up buying your board?

A crew member visited a local malibu deal near him who had couple of 2008 (2 fin) in stock. So I called and they gave me a good price. So I had it shipped to my door.

I did my research and its my first board, I only go out like 10 times a year so the 2 fin vs the 4 fin, wasn't a big deal for me.

A crew member visited a local malibu deal near him who had couple of 2008 (2 fin) in stock. So I called and they gave me a good price. So I had it shipped to my door.

I did my research and its my first board, I only go out like 10 times a year so the 2 fin vs the 4 fin, wasn't a big deal for me.

Sounds like a great deal. Congrats.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for my first board too...

Couple questions: Why 4 fins vs 2?

Is the Blue Lake ok for heavier riders...255lbs?

Thanks

They only ship with 2 fins, if you want the other two you will have to order them up. I would visit the inland surfer website and use the board finder to answer the weight question. I don't know that much about it yet.....I just got mine last week. This will be my 4th board hopefully my last.

They only ship with 2 fins, if you want the other two you will have to order them up. I would visit the inland surfer website and use the board finder to answer the weight question. I don't know that much about it yet.....I just got mine last week. This will be my 4th board hopefully my last.

FWIW

10% off at www.Boardco.com use Boardco10 as coupon code..free shipping :thumbup:

FWIW

10% off at www.Boardco.com use Boardco10 as coupon code..free shipping :thumbup:

That is EXACTLY what I did. I found the code by accident. :biggrin: 10% off an already reasonable price and free shipping to boot.

Thanks

I would highly recommend starting out with just two fins if you are just learning. Adding the two extra fins dramatically changes how the board handles. Four fins boards generate more speed and are faster. I have use four fins on several occasions and I actually prefer two fins. I have a buddy who is about your weight and he owns and learned on a Red Woody but likes the Blue Lake. Probably about the smallest board you could ride though.

Thanks

Keeowee....If you are looking for a first board you can't go wrong with a Walker.... Just give Mike a call and he will give you good honest advice.

Is the Blue Lake designed for riders 255+... NO Here is the Inlandsurfer rider chart

:spam:

Chappy... keep your Spam to yourself...

I'm just a happy customer of The Walker project. I think better decisions are made with more information and I would recommend everyone look at the Inland wakesurfer line of boards.... I know I did!

I would highly recommend starting out with just two fins if you are just learning. Adding the two extra fins dramatically changes how the board handles. Four fins boards generate more speed and are faster. I have use four fins on several occasions and I actually prefer two fins. I have a buddy who is about your weight and he owns and learned on a Red Woody but likes the Blue Lake. Probably about the smallest board you could ride though.

Thanks Chappy...

Brad