Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help with some interior decisions

bennekm

Would love peoples opinions on interior colors for the boat I'm hoping to order this Saturday (23 LSV)...

I'm not sure how to post pix, so I'll just have to describe what I'm planning on.

Exterior - Thanks to The Edge...I love their demo, so I'm replicating it with just a slight alteration. Classic Gel Coat - Hull Base Dark Blue, Hull Accent White, Hull Main Ebony, Deck Main Ebony, Deck Accent White, Deck Base Dark Blue, Deck Accent 2 Ebony, Swim Platform Dark Blue.

Interior - Here's where I need your opinions. Right now, planning on the following: Dash - Sports Shroud with Ebony/Dark Blue, Snap-out carpet with Dark Blue floor, Bead Dark Blue, Main White (M-Grain), Base White (M-Grain), Accent 1 Graphite.

Things I'm questioning....floor color. Ebony or Dark Blue. The deck base will be dark blue so the walk thru will have dark blue fiberglass underneath the speakers down to the floor. Better to be consistent with all dark blue or would it be cool to have to different colors? Also considering it for the base of the seat...would the big fiberglass hump look better in dark blue or ebony...should it match the beading on the seat or the back of the seat (I'm assuming that is colored blue because of the sports shroud)?

Seats...my local dealership has a 23 with all white interior except for a black bead (Base, Main, and Accent 1 are white). Looks good, but not too practical with 3 kids. Thought about the same with either a blue or black bead. My favorite color scheme is moonbeam main, graphite accent 1, white main, with a black bead, however I don't like it with a blue bead and I really want the blue/black colored shroud and the blue accents around the speakers. What are your thoughts of not having a blue bead but having blue accents...especially when they touch on the seat? Or do I have enough blue with a floor and shroud and a black bead would look ok? I don't want it too busy with too many colors! Tons of options are great until you have to choose them!

Appreciate your thoughts!

I had similar questions when we ordered ours. We didn't order the snap out carpet, so floor color was not an option. Spent some time inside a new VLX at the dealer looking at photos, vinyl samples, etc. In the end, we ordered the interior just the way my wife liked it. Didn't order white seats as our previous boat had them, and we hated cleaning them all the time. They look great on the show floor, but after some use they are a lot of work. We usually ride in the morning, and around here the water is always cold, so our darker colors should be a welcome change.

The exterior of the boat was to my preference. The interior colors were more important to my wife. FWIW, she says women see ten times the color shades men do...

Would love peoples opinions on interior colors for the boat I'm hoping to order this Saturday (23 LSV)...

I'm not sure how to post pix, so I'll just have to describe what I'm planning on.

Exterior - Thanks to The Edge...I love their demo, so I'm replicating it with just a slight alteration. Classic Gel Coat - Hull Base Dark Blue, Hull Accent White, Hull Main Ebony, Deck Main Ebony, Deck Accent White, Deck Base Dark Blue, Deck Accent 2 Ebony, Swim Platform Dark Blue.

Interior - Here's where I need your opinions. Right now, planning on the following: Dash - Sports Shroud with Ebony/Dark Blue, Snap-out carpet with Dark Blue floor, Bead Dark Blue, Main White (M-Grain), Base White (M-Grain), Accent 1 Graphite.

Things I'm questioning....floor color. Ebony or Dark Blue. The deck base will be dark blue so the walk thru will have dark blue fiberglass underneath the speakers down to the floor. Better to be consistent with all dark blue or would it be cool to have to different colors? Also considering it for the base of the seat...would the big fiberglass hump look better in dark blue or ebony...should it match the beading on the seat or the back of the seat (I'm assuming that is colored blue because of the sports shroud)?

Seats...my local dealership has a 23 with all white interior except for a black bead (Base, Main, and Accent 1 are white). Looks good, but not too practical with 3 kids. Thought about the same with either a blue or black bead. My favorite color scheme is moonbeam main, graphite accent 1, white main, with a black bead, however I don't like it with a blue bead and I really want the blue/black colored shroud and the blue accents around the speakers. What are your thoughts of not having a blue bead but having blue accents...especially when they touch on the seat? Or do I have enough blue with a floor and shroud and a black bead would look ok? I don't want it too busy with too many colors! Tons of options are great until you have to choose them!

Appreciate your thoughts!

I would really really discourage you to go with white on the interior and go with Moonbeam instead. White will be nearly impossible to keep clean and will drive you crazy. Moonbeam is just a tad off white and is a more common color for the interior vinyl and looks clean nearly all the time if you keep up on the wipe downs.

Here is a pic for example. The white looking vinyl is Moonbeam not white. White is almost blinding in the sun and like I said looks dirty and hard to keep looking nice. Just my opinion.

Newboat4.jpg

here is how I color out each and every interior for my stock boats and why:

Base- White, this is smooth vinyl, it will match the white accents on the outside, since it's mostly smmoth, cleanup is easy

Main- Moonbeam, this is the grain, this will hide the dirt that gets caught in the grain, as it's a mother to cleanup.

We have a lotta white & light grey... might be moonbeam, but I don't know. The white takes work to keep clean & looking good. We use a lot of Babes Seat Soap.

Got out for a ride today. 50 degree air & 41 degree air. Flat as a mirror & we were the only boat out.

Vride.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky