Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to mount the battery charger?

wanderer82

Hi All,

I just bought a promariner protournament 150 charger and am not sure exactly where to mount it. I have two batteries underneath the storage box (passenger area next to driver) and one in the back. I've got a 2001 Malivu V-drive and am not fully sure where to mount the charger. The instructions say to mount it to a secure part on the hull. Does anyone else have a charger mounted somewhere in the middle under one of the seats? Do you have any pictures you can share? I don't want to drill a hole in the wrong spot =)

Thanks in advance!

With batteries fore and aft are the charger wires long enough to reach all the batteries? If you mounted it under the dash you would still have to removed the aft battery and bring it to the charger. Why not just keep the charger in the garage and take it to the boat as needed. You would then have it available for batteries in you cars, ATV, and other toys.

And welcome to the crew.

You can lengthen the wires to reach to the back if you put the charger in the front. To do this though you cannot cut the wire at all or it voids the warranty. Take and get the same size wire which should be 8 gauge, and put ring terminals on both ends. Then bolt the charger end to the one end of the new wire together and either heat shrink and or put electrical tape around that connection. I repeat do not cut the charger wires, leave the inline fuse in place also. I extend the wires all the time in bass boats so it will work just fine in your bu. As far as mounting, if you do not have amps in the storage compartment you can mount it to the wall or the floor if you have room. Don't mount to the hull wall cause your screws are liable to go through the hull.

I have my ProMariner onboard charger mounted to the back wall in the storage area behind the observer seat.

It goes to the 2 batteries that are in that same area.

I agree that you should extend the wires to the third aft battery