Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extreme Jack wheel

Has anyone replaced there Extreme trailer jack wheel? I need to replace mine and was wondering how universal they are. I want to use the current welded mount. So I am looking for one that will just bolt up and hopefully in black. Any thoughts and or models?

Kelly

Kelly,

You can get them almost anywhere. Barts. I got a replacement for mine at a local dealer because I wanted to see it in person before I paid for it. What you're looking for is the snap-ring mount. I think the model I added the link to is the same thing, just has the bolt on piece for the trailer frame. You just wouldn't use that part.

Edited by vlxjeff

Cool thanks Jeff.

I need to get my jack off since it is getting a little wobbly when fully extended. This is a real problem that needs to be replaced. I am at the top of the jack's limit so I would not mind getting an extra inch or two.

Kelly

Cool thanks Jeff.

I need to get my jack off since it is getting a little wobbly when fully extended.  This is a real problem that needs to be replaced.  I am at the top of the jack's limit so I would not mind getting an extra inch or two.

Kelly

Try doing a search for a johnson rod extender. Left or right hand will work. That may keep you from having to pull your jack off.

My trailer is new and seems to get less than stable when topped out. I carry a brick/block with me and use it to keep it a few inches less extended. May be an easier way for you, it works well for me.

My trailer is new and seems to get less than stable when topped out. I carry a brick/block with me and use it to keep it a few inches less extended. May be an easier way for you, it works well for me.

I used to have the same problem with the jack getting wobbly. Now I only use it for getting the trailer off the hitch. I then lower the nose of the trailer down onto a jack stand. I leave the trailer jack down so it's actually touching the ground but not supporting the trailer. This way there's no danger if the trailer falls off the jack stand.

Edited by vlxjeff

When I'm taking off the trailer I would have to raise it all the way to the top. Then it started to wobble around the bottom shaft area. Now I take my floor jack and raise the trailer off the truck then lower it down onto the trailer jack wheel.

I would stop at napa and look threw there books. There are many different type's.

When I'm taking off the trailer I would have to raise it all the way to the top. Then it started to wobble around the bottom shaft area.

Why do you have to jack it up so high?

Sorry to hear that your shaft is wobbly, I'm sure that it makes it difficult to jack... Shocking.gif

Edited by SacRiverRat
When I'm taking off the trailer I would have to raise it all the way to the top. Then it started to wobble around the bottom shaft area.

That is my problem. I have to raise the jack all the way to the top to get it off the hitch. After that I lower it back down and it is very stable.

I saw some at West Marine have 25" of travel and come in black. I started having this problem after Extreme raised the trailer. I think they raised it too much.

I will go to west marine and get a new one and let you know what model if it works. I also saw on the Extreme web site they now use a 1,000lbs jack instead of a 800lbs.

Kelly

I saw some at West Marine have 25" of travel and come in black.

Kelly

ROFL.gif

ROFL.gif Thats a good one. You 2 Troy.

Well my drive way go's up and then into the garage. When I'm on leave ground its ok.

You could also go with a 2000lb. hold it the 1000 has a long shaft. Shocking.gif

• 3 years later...

I'm looking for a new jack myself. I was on a trip to Lake Powell when the gears in my jack got all mangled for some reason and screwed up my jack. I've been looking for an excuse to get a new jack, so here it is.

Which one to do I get? I've got an 06 Extreme trailer with the welded on bracket for the fulton bolt through (not the bold ON that comes with 4 bolts to go around the trailer arm). It's got a center bolt coming through the bracket, which is used as the mounting point for the jack. It's also got a hole on each corner, I'm assuming to allow for mounting another jack.

Has anyone replaced their jack on this setup and found one that will go directly on to the existing bracket welded onto the trailer? I want to get the Fulton F2 Trailer Jack but I'm not sure it will work on this setup. Does anyone have any input or experience with the Fulton F2? Any reviews, good or bad? Does anyone know of a solid jack (1500lbs+) that I can use directly with the existing weld mount?

Thanks guys and gals!

hey rookie, you realize this topic is 4 years old!! Tease2.gif I would imagine you found it while running a search, that's a good thing. Sorry I'm no help, just had to pick at a newbie, and give you a bump to the top of the list!!

Edited by nemire12
hey rookie, you realize this topic is 4 years old!! Tease2.gif I would imagine you found it while running a search, that's a good thing. Sorry I'm no help, just had to pick at a newbie, and give you a bump to the top of the list!!

I'll give you a w00t for using the search. Sorry I can't be any help either. Bump it up

Yes I realized it was an old post, thanks for the help. I knew someone would see my post. Thanks for the help guys.

Here's the deal. A fulton F2 jack will not fit on the jack mount that comes stock on the extreme trailer. I had to fab a special mount out of aluminum flat bar for the F2 jack to mount to stock mount. I haven't even got around to mounting mine up yet, I have it all laying around the garage debating on whether to get the mount powdercoated or not.

Edited by 06vlx