Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nylon seat base blocks

YJim

Looking to make a bow filler cushion and need a source for the locating blocks that are screwed to the bottom of the bow cushions. Don't know what they're called and therefore can't find a source online... Thanks!

Perfect... Thanks Mino!

I replaced a couple of mine on my open-bow seat. Make sure to use the correct length screw as to not injure someone putting weight on it (e.g. getting stabbed in the butt), or damage the seat.

If you finish the modification, mind showing some pics, materials used, and costs? I've been contemplating this same mod for my Echelon walk-over open bow, but from the research I did, it would cost around $500 to do so.

I replaced a couple of mine on my open-bow seat. Make sure to use the correct length screw as to not injure someone putting weight on it (e.g. getting stabbed in the butt), or damage the seat.

If you finish the modification, mind showing some pics, materials used, and costs? I've been contemplating this same mod for my Echelon walk-over open bow, but from the research I did, it would cost around $500 to do so.

I will. I'll be through bolting the blocks sideways in the walkthrough for the filler cushion to rest on, 3 on each side. I'm using a 36"x16"x 1/2" piece of King Starboard for the seat base. After I get it shaped to fit, it'll go to the upholsterer for foam and upholstery...

Blocks~ $20

Starboard~ $55

Upholsterer~ <$200

Various hdwe.~ $20

My plan is to leave the aft 2 blocks sticking out as a stop for a windblock. The tracks will be aluminum C channel, and the windblock will only cover the area between the filler cushion and the base of the windshield (so I can use the area under the filler as easy access storage).

Edited by YJim